MyFilms 6 and Latest Media Handler 1.6.0.9 (1 Viewer)

bkv

Portal Member
February 27, 2010
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Dadeo,
Please fix the display of information about movies
aMPed 3.5.1.1923
Lates Media Handler 1.6.0.9
MyFilms 6.0.2.2791

Attachments

• ScreenShot5994.jpg
    ScreenShot5994.jpg
    196.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi bkv - Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue? I don't know how to get empty values for latest media :confused:
    Do you get that issue for any other plugins/latest media or only MyFilms? Does it work correctly in other skins?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I moved your post to a new thread bkv as it is still an open issue. For the life of me I can't figure out how to reproduce this - do you know where the latest media is stored? I tried removing the Fanart Handler db and I still got data! :confused: So I suspect it reads the XML db, but probably only for movies added after you installed the plugin.

I believe there is a bug in MyFilms 6 since LMH 1.6.0.9 because none of the settings in My Films Setup for LMH work for me anymore. Even if I disable LMH for all catalogs/DBs it still displays the data (though not the latest media covers) :confused: So I reported Issue 327 in the My Films tracker.

Can you confirm your issue using the Views menu in My Films in Default Wide? PureVision skin also displays My Films latest media on Basic Home (Movies Item/button). If you can confirm the issue in those cases, at least we can determine if the issue is with aMPed or the plugin (either LMH or My Films.)

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @catavolt - Thanks! But can you tell me how to reproduce bkv's issue where there is no latest media present for My Films even though it is enabled in Latest Media Handler?

When I tested using PureVision I had the same issue with My Films - to reproduce:
    1. In MF Setup > Trakt/Latest Media tab
    2. Disable 'Recently Added Media' for main config/catalog and save
    3. Enable 'Recently Added Media' for Sample Movies (or some other config/catalog if you have one) and save.
    I still get latest media for my main catalog, not for the catalog I select in MF Setup.
    Are you saying that is working for you? If so, which versions of MyFilms and Latest Media Handler are you using?
    I'm just trying to get to the source of the issue so I can fix it!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In a PM bkv told me the issue happens after installation - so I suspect it is before you add any films, so you don't have any recently added data. It would likely only occur on a clean install, or perhaps when you first install LMH/MF? I'm mostly guessing because as I said I also cannot reproduce the issue in aMPed. All LMH data for My Films displays correctly for me.

The issue with the My Films settings for Recently Added Media is likely a separate issue, but of course could be related. The problem is I would normally use those settings to test/reproduce bkv's issue - (where values are empty for latest1, 2 or 3) but I can't cuz they aren't working! :(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @bkv - after over a year I think I finally figured out the issue, and how to reproduce :p - enable the 'show only unwatched' option in LMH config and watch all your recently added movies ;). It seems when you enable that option LMH only checks the last 3 media files added and if they are 'watched' already then no info displays :( I would expect it to exclude those and show the last 3 'valid' (i.e. unwatched) media added. But it doesn't for me at least with MyFilms.

I think I managed to fix the display of empty brackets though. Can you test the attached XMLs -
    1. BasicHomeInfoRecentlyAdded.xml - use revaMPed Basic home layout (not a custom one if you have one) to make sure it matches the items/order of plugins on Basic Home
    2. MyFilmsLatestMedia.xml - check the Menu Layout in MyFilms (should work in 6.0.3 or 6.1.0)

If you can confirm, I'll add an issue and commit to SVN for next release. Thanks!

Attachments

• BasicHomeInfoRecentlyAdded.xml
      7.8 KB
    • MyFilmsLatestMedia.xml
      4.2 KB
    Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    @bkv - after over a year I think I finally figured out the issue, and how to reproduce :p - enable the 'show only unwatched' option in LMH config and watch all your recently added movies ;). It seems when you enable that option LMH only checks the last 3 media files added and if they are 'watched' already then no info displays :( I would expect it to exclude those and show the last 3 'valid' (i.e. unwatched) media added. But it doesn't for me at least with MyFilms.
    MF does provide that data in the API for LatestMedia - so I assume that LMH is not using that API option - it would have to be fixed in LMH. If LMH code is public, I could provide a fix, as it seems c8later isn't around since some time...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Guzzi - LMH code is on Google Code - looks up-to-date for version 1.6.2 which is latest show in MPEI - compatible with MP 1.8.0 but I assume cul8er would need to grant you access to commit changes.

However, even in MyFilms 6.1.0 on the Menu view I get empty values rather than the 'latest' unwatched films. They are pretty old though as I have watched most of the new ones. ;).. If that is indeed an issue, and you need logs etc, probably better if I report in MyFilms forum (or tracker).

Users who are viewing this thread