MyFilms 6 and Latest Media Handler 1.6.0.9 (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... is also using LMH there. There is also options about the timeframe in API - I need to check what call LMH code is using ...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks Guzzi - LMH code is on Google Code - looks up-to-date for version 1.6.2 which is latest show in MPEI - compatible with MP 1.8.0 but I assume cul8er would need to grant you access to commit changes.
    Thanks - looked at the code and indeed, LMH is always "only" getting the last 10 "recently added movies" during last 999 days - and only checks of those (!) the unwatched ones, if configured in LMH setup.
    Code:
    GetMostRecent(MyFilmsPlugin.MyFilms.BaseMesFilms.MostRecentType.Added,999,10)

However, MyFilms also supportes to only get unwatched movies in the API:
    Code:
        /// <summary>
        /// returns the most recent movies based on conditions
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="type">most recent type</param>
        /// <param name="days">number of days to look back in database</param>
        /// <param name="limit">number of results to return</param>
        /// <param name="unwatchedOnly">only get unwatched episodes (only used with recent added type)</param>
        public static List<MFMovie> GetMostRecent(MostRecentType type, int days, int limit, bool unwatchedOnly)
    So in LMH the setting about unwatched movies simply needs to be applied to where it is fetching the movie list.
    Only a few code line changes - I can create a patch, if anyone is able to commit them and create new LMH build.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I can create a patch, if anyone is able to commit them and create new LMH build
    You can try in LMH forum but AFAIK @cul8er is the only one who has access to SVN and he has not logged into forum since Dec 2013.
    Well, it doesn''t make sense to create a patch if the repo cannot be updated. So what to do? Should we ask if anyone is willing to take over the plugin and push the code in new repo? (The patch required is only 2-3 lines of modifications in the MF handler in LMH plugin)
    Alternatively, I could create a bin for LMH and we add that to MF installer package - that would not solve the general problem, but would allow MF users to get a version that works with MF...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm still confused Guzzi - I have unwatched films added within the last 999 days but they do not display.

There isn't even anything in LMH log about MyFilms! See attached rar file with LMH and MF logs and config xmls.

If you can post a binary with your fix, I can at least test if it works, and maybe @bkv can too.

Once we clearly identify the issue and solution we can either:
    1. post your patch in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/latestmediahandler-v1-6-1-0.97936
    2. message cul8er (or send him email)
    3. Post in LMH tracker - I can create an issue and you can post the patch - cul8er may get email notifications from Google Code.
    I still think bkv should post the issue in the LMH forum because cul8er may receive email notifications even if he is not logged into MP forum.

Attachments

• LMH.rar
      17 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Attached a bin for testing (made the changes blind, not yet tested) and the patch.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    1. Post in LMH tracker - I can create an issue and you can post the patch - cul8er may get email notifications from Google Code.
    I still think bkv should post the issue in the LMH forum because cul8er may receive email notifications even if he is not logged into MP forum.
    Not sure, if that makes sense and if we ever get an updated LMH, as cul8er didn't show up since long ... :-(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Bin posted just returns last 3 movies added - it ignores the 'Only Unwatched Movies' setting.
    What is LMH using to determine watched status? Does it use the field selected for Watch Status in MyFilms Setup > Update tab? (mine is Checked field) Or does it use the Multi-user state data or something else?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Lmh only put request on MF API - then mf should handle it properly based on your settings - be it mus or anything else. Based on your feedback, there might be a bug or other issue - will check when i am back home...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ok, my bad - I called the watched movies - instead of the unwatched ;-)
    Try this:

Attachments

• LatestMediaHandler.zip
      222.4 KB
    • LatestMyFilmsHandler-UnwatchedFix_V2.patch
      4.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread