MySQL ? (1 Viewer)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
does it have to be MySQL5 ? or will it also work with MySQL4?

it's v4 i have on my server already... and don't want to migrate my existing databases to v5.

htpsd

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
Aachen
Home Country
Germany Germany
I didn't test it with MySQL 4. But when your databaseserver is running on windows, it is quite easy to run both: MySQL 4 and 5. You just have to edit some specs in the my.ini and set the standartport from one of them to a diffrent than 3306 :)

Greets

samposoft

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have no tested tvengine on mysql 4 but i think that can works.
Threre are no specific mysql 5 sql syntax in "mysqldatabase.sql".

You can try to create manually the database with mediaportal sql script.

Try and tell if works.:)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i tried to connect but it failed.. even though root user/pass was correct.

don't know if the tvsetup.exe created a database itself for mysql... or if you had to manually create one first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
Replies
Views
Oh, thank you I will read it immediately
Oh, thank you I will read it immediately
How can you play copy-protected Blu-rays with MP after AnyDVD has stopped working? And I don't mean converting the movies...
Replies
Views
Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.31.0 Cannot view Changelog anymore DE
Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to determine if this update is necessary for my system or not. Today I wanted to check the Changelog for version 1.34 (1.31 installed on my system) and I was asked for a “Jira” login. I tried to use the same one as...
Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
Replies
Views
I had the same install problem with SQL on clean 1.35 x64 installation. I had the same install problem with SQL on clean 1.34 x64 installation. Install 1.33 x64 using MySQL, after a new full cleanup and installed without a problem. Thank you all for your informations
I had the same install problem with SQL on clean 1.35 x64 installation. I had the same install problem with SQL on clean 1.34 x64...
Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom