Native Blu-ray support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just by pressing F8? Here it works, so it is either some codec related issue or david has already fixed it. Lets hope it is the later one.

Yes. I don't know, if it matters, but... when using PowerDVD to play the disc and I skip a chapter, there is a graphic pop up of a "chapter list" every time. Something that I have not seen before.

Probably BD-J.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok. Could you just verify that selecting a language from the subtitle selection doesn't get overridden. If it doesn't then all is working as it should.

Beyoncé: Selected English subs in BD menu. MP Context Menu -> Subtitles. Still shows AUTO: NLD, but the displayed subs are indeed English.
    Bocelli: Same as above.

I think here might be some misunderstanding which needs clarification.

Auto setting is what triggers from configuration and is off when language is not available at all. What should happen is that if config setting is over ruled by menu then focus will be on currently selected language when subtitle context menu is shown. If you were using mouse for testing it can easily show some other language as focused because only one pixel move will change focus where pointer is. And that can easily cause some confusion. You can think of auto subtitle item as a shortcut to your language - when available of course.

So my opinion is that this is not a bug but intented behaviour.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for clearing that up Manfred.

Double checked some discs, and the selected (from BD Menu) subtitle stream is indeed highlighted when going to MP Subtitle menu.

darro

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Guys,

I have installed the build of MP you released just a few days ago.
    (MediaPortalSetup_1.2.0-617-ged85ba1 (FEAT-3758-Implement_Blu-ray_playback_support branch) for TESTING ONLY_2012-01-21-20-57)

I installed the LAV filters as linked to in the posts here. I think I have everything setup correctly, but I am not 100%. This is a test machine, so I am happy to make any changes.

I have indicated here if I think based on the info if it is a BD-J disk or not, but this could be wrong/

Ghost Writer, BDJ – No, Mediaportal crashes when playing menu, playing feature seems to be OK
    Green Zone, BD-J – Yes, initial intro to menu plays, and then drops back to mediaportal menu, playing feature seems to be OK
    Harry Potter 7 (part 1) , BD-J – Yes, selecting menu, just returns to the select play mode menu, feature seems to crash media portal when seeking
    Limitless, BDJ – No, seeking in menu crashes MP, Menu seems fine and the feature plays, seeking in feature crashes MP
    Paul, BD-J – Yes, No menu, just blank screen after intro video, playing feature seems to be OK
    The American, BD-J – Yes - initial intro to menu plays, and then drops back to mediaportal menu, playing feature seems to be OK
    Unknown BD-J – no, – Menu seems fine and the feature plays

Is there a test plan that we should follow to produce consistent results. In any case let me know what you need and I will arrange it.

Cheers
    Darren

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have indicated here if I think based on the info if it is a BD-J disk or not, but this could be wrong/

You can verify if it's a BD-J disc by checking the BDMV\BDJO & BDMV\JAR folder. If there are files in there, you can assume it's a BDJ disc.

Within Temptation & The Metropole Orchestra - Black Symphony (2008) -> Popup Menu still doesn't close after song selection and GUI doesn't show DVDMenu or Popup Menu any more

.798 update: Popup menu now closes when selected again from context menu :) Nice!

I'm curious why this disc keeps the Popup Menu option in context menu, while mostly all other discs don't put the Popup Menu option back in context menu (after first selection). This 'issue' wasn't happening in the past.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    HomeY use already latest lib :)
    I give him the latest build for testing and ask him to report finding :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    to the Hellboy US Audio/Subtitle problems:

behavior with Arcsoft TMT5.2:
    when opening the subs menu the default item "off" is fading between red to grey
    if you mouseover/select an item "off" stays red and the current item fades between red and grey.

same goes for the audio menu, current selected languag stays red and the mouseover-item fades between red and grey.

MP BD beta2:
    when moving over an sub/audio item nothing happens, no fade to grey/red.
    current selected audio/subs stay red, but when moving cursor over them they seem not selected at all.

MP BD beta3:
    in subs menu the button fades to gray when mouse is over (but not red).
    like that:
    http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_sub_mouseover_dutch.png
    http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_sub_mouseover_german.png

in audio menu: nothing happens when mouse is moved over.
    like that (the cursor is over "german"): http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_audio_mouseover_german.png

Hi,
    I'm testing on V3++ and i have the same as you describe for V2, that mean, i didn't have on audio or subtitle fade red/gray when moving on item.
    The selected item is staying red and when going on it with mouse or keyboard the red goes out.
    Also Play / language etc. should be animated (seen on TMT5) but not in MP.
    So to summarize, on my side, there is no animated cursor only stay in red on selected item (sub or audio)

I just try on Xine (and i have the same as you describe for V3) only for sub, moving mouse on item goes to gray even on red selected item.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    LAV 0.45 filters have been released - please use those when testing with LAV.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep i can confirm real good improvement on LAV 0.45 side and the good news is that ATI User can use DXVA2 (copy-back) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom