Netflix for OnlineVideos (4 Viewers)

PFJ

Portal Member
November 30, 2014
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok, I thought it was something wrong with that prefix, but I was afraid to change it ;)
Now I think it's the right one because the log looks very different.
No hassle at all. I'm impressed by the work you do, thank you!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @PFJ, It was as bad as I thought... The HTML from your log is very different compared to the HTML I (and I suppose the majority of other OV-netflix users) get. I'm parsing this HTML and if the content isn't the expected, well then it doesn't work...

It might be a CanaryRelease of a new version, but It might also be something obvious and simple like some setting or well anything... I think new version and soon everybody get problems with Genres, but then your problem might be fixed... ;)

Well you have a workaround with adding stuff to MyList from a web browser. Do you get descriptions for the titles in MyList?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Ministerk: Attached the debug logs created with watchdog option 2 and reproduced the issue.

Here is something interessting:

Code:
    [2014-12-01 21:13:50,365] [Error  ] [44       ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Cannot find Property [encoding] to set object on [log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender]
    log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Cannot find Property [lockingModel] to set object on [log4net.Layout.PatternLayout]
    log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Cannot find Property [encoding] to set object on [log4net.Appender.BufferingForwardingAppender]
    log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Cannot find Property [lockingModel] to set object on [log4net.Appender.BufferingForwardingAppender]
    Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
       bei OnlineVideos.Sites.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.BrowserForm.ForceQuit()
       bei OnlineVideos.Sites.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.BrowserForm.BrowserForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

[2014-12-01 21:13:50,365] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_ACTIVATE (WA_ACTIVE)

The exception text is the same as in my screenshot before but what are the log4net messages before?

thx
    pOpY
    Well i'm stumped, can't find anyting useful (for me...)

Some misconfiguration of log4net? I checked and I noticed that error in my logs also.

Do you have IE 10+ installed?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Well i'm stumped, can't find anyting useful (for me...)

I agree, the only thing I can see is that original error. I can see in the code where it's failing, but not why. @popy I can send you the latest build to try - I'll PM you.

By the way, those Log4Net errors have been happening since the move to .Net 4. It's easy to fix them by editing a config file, but they don't actually cause any problems anywhere.

PFJ

Portal Member
    November 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @PFJ, It was as bad as I thought... The HTML from your log is very different compared to the HTML I (and I suppose the majority of other OV-netflix users) get. I'm parsing this HTML and if the content isn't the expected, well then it doesn't work...

It might be a CanaryRelease of a new version, but It might also be something obvious and simple like some setting or well anything... I think new version and soon everybody get problems with Genres, but then your problem might be fixed... ;)

Well you have a workaround with adding stuff to MyList from a web browser. Do you get descriptions for the titles in MyList?

OK, that was bad :(
    But why the difference? I'm using Win 8.1, IE 11 and MP 1.9. Is that not a common configuration?
    No, I can´t see any descriptions in MyList.
    I think I will skip the workaround because it seems quite awkward, but thanks for the proposal.
    I will use the Netflix website for the time being.
    Thanks anyway for your help.

PFJ

Portal Member
    November 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very strange. I have been looking for that settings before and I can't find it?
    See attached image file.

Attachments

• netflix-screen-dump.PNG
      netflix-screen-dump.PNG
      20.7 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very strange. I have been looking for that settings before and I can't find it?
    See attached image file.
    Yep the setting is gone! I do not have Windows 8.1 but I mocked Win8.1+IE11 in my Safari browser and tried to play a video and it did not try to use the silverlight player only the HTML5 one (failing of course). It looks like Netflix is changing and "forcing" Win8.1+IE11 to use the new video player (not that this is a bad thing... but for Netflix in OnlineVideos it is).

Any one else with this setup (8.1 + IE 11) using Netflix for online videos? Do this site still work for you? Can you start playback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom