[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (1 Viewer)

mickyblue

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Brisbane Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thank you zebons!

Just an idea, so I going to play around with the code, hopefully it will be something useful :)
I let you know!

Thanks!
I'll put a new version soon (display movie information with filmstrip view)

HI Zebons

will this also allow the "Optional 1" fields etc with film strip view as i use the optional 1 field to map through the "tags" DVD, HDD, Bluray etc, and id love to be able to see the media each movie was on from the main filmstrip view

Regards

Mickyblue

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Thank you zebons!

Just an idea, so I going to play around with the code, hopefully it will be something useful :)
I let you know!

Thanks!
I'll put a new version soon (display movie information with filmstrip view)

HI Zebons

will this also allow the "Optional 1" fields etc with film strip view as i use the optional 1 field to map through the "tags" DVD, HDD, Bluray etc, and id love to be able to see the media each movie was on from the main filmstrip view

Regards

Mickyblue
With the next version all fields'll be displayed (plotline, category, year...) but it'll be necessary to update skins files. In the next release, it'll be possible to display Optional field 1 with his label and/or optional field 3 without label (skins must be updated)

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
hi zebons,
i just found a minute to investigate the daemon tools problem...i updated the file information (medialabel is now saying "Y:\DVD\0006.ISO" instead of "0006.ISO"). mounting in DT (virtual cd drive is loaded with the correct file) works, mediaportal even asks if i want to resume the movie, but the movie still won't play (either way, also tested with other files)....

tested on mp with svn 18215 and myFilms 4.4.1.4 (svn version)

regards

EDIT: hold on...i'm running into some serious problems with mp right now: with the new svn no videofile is playing...man, i'm going insane...

OK...i went back to SVN 17967. movies are playing again...

"refreshed" files (full path in medialabel eg. "Y:\DVD\0006.ISO") in myFilms are playing fine. "old" ones (only filnames eg. "0006.ISO" in medialabel) aren't starting, now they aren't even mounted in DT...

i got a real bad feeling about this whole svn thing. it seems to fix some problems by creating new ones. maybe i'm going back to stable...

regards

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
hi zebons,
i just found a minute to investigate the daemon tools problem...i updated the file information (medialabel is now saying "Y:\DVD\0006.ISO" instead of "0006.ISO"). mounting in DT (virtual cd drive is loaded with the correct file) works, mediaportal even asks if i want to resume the movie, but the movie still won't play (either way, also tested with other files)....

tested on mp with svn 18215 and myFilms 4.4.1.4 (svn version)

regards

EDIT: hold on...i'm running into some serious problems with mp right now: with the new svn no videofile is playing...man, i'm going insane...

OK...i went back to SVN 17967. movies are playing again...

"refreshed" files (full path in medialabel eg. "Y:\DVD\0006.ISO") in myFilms are playing fine. "old" ones (only filnames eg. "0006.ISO" in medialabel) aren't starting, now they aren't even mounted in DT...

i got a real bad feeling about this whole svn thing. it seems to fix some problems by creating new ones. maybe i'm going back to stable...

regards
I recentlly submit the new version of MyFilms (v4.5) in the MP download section. You can try it and tell me if it works better with your iso files. It's an mpi file as all skins file have to be updated with that version....

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
now it works. great job, zebons. thank you very much.

i tested it under:
vista sp1, mp 2.3.0 svn 18032, daemon tools 4.12.0

regards

mickyblue

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Brisbane Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Zebons

just installed 4.5 with SVN support and everything is working great thanks very much

one small thing and its veyr minor the version in the configuration is still showing V4.4.2 just had me confused for a second when i first upgraded

Mickyblue

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Info Problem

When I hit the info button while playing a movie in the new 4.5 (SVN version) the description for every movie says "unknown".

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
When I hit the info button while playing a movie in the new 4.5 (SVN version) the description for every movie says "unknown".
Sorry corrected in the new file submitted.
for identifying the new file, in the description of the new mpi file you must find :
[EDIT] : updated for version number in setup and OSD plotline:oops:

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
Hi,

some questions on your plugin.
I try to make a databese based on movie files, no dvd.

Will it be possible to change film information text, cover in MediaPortal?

When I choose a movie and try to play it, nothing happens. Whats wrong?
Which player will be used?

Is there a movie database-xml with all films already inside? So that a movie-file copied to the folder automaticaly gets displayed in MediaPortal.

thx

coolcal

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
North Wales
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Some help for a N00b to plugin

Hi - I have been using the standard My videos player for mediaportal for some time now & was looking for a way to have support for my avi files heare backed up. This plugin looks like something that will do the trick for me. I had some questions on the plugin that you veterans might be able to help me with

1) When creating the ANT movie database how do I get the high res movie dvd covers available through MP std IMDB search?
2) Will I have to add every movie in the ANT database or would this plugin be able to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom