New Release: 11/12/08 - v0.2.219 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
love the new series fanart! But is there a way to speed this up? It seems that MP is looking for the pics and can't find them quickly. It always takes some seconds before the fanart is displayed. Would it be faster if I could define a path to the pics somewhere?

Great new feature anyway!

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I still dont get any progress bars when using live or recorded TV, yet the progress bar is visible on movies?? Anyone else not seeing progress bars in TV or just me?

Same here... I still don't get a timeshift/progress bar when watching live TV... works ok for movies and other stuff. Am still using RC3 (not RC4)... could that be the problem?

Cheers
Rich

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I still dont get any progress bars when using live or recorded TV, yet the progress bar is visible on movies?? Anyone else not seeing progress bars in TV or just me?

Same here... I still don't get a timeshift/progress bar when watching live TV... works ok for movies and other stuff. Am still using RC3 (not RC4)... could that be the problem?

Cheers
Rich

Im on RC4 so I dont think thats it. I "suspect" its someting to do with the calculation as the end number is strange. Its not like a standard movie that has a start and end time. That probably doesnt make a lot of sense, but pause live TV and watch the time on the right of the progress bar to see what mean.
Cheers

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
love the new series fanart! But is there a way to speed this up? It seems that MP is looking for the pics and can't find them quickly. It always takes some seconds before the fanart is displayed. Would it be faster if I could define a path to the pics somewhere?

Great new feature anyway!

We have a speedier version that fades backgrounds in thanks to fforde (moving pictures also has this enhancement) However it requires a patch to mediaportal code so until that goes in its as good as it gets.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm also testing the backgrounds thing but I'm a bit doubtful yet. I mean, in Moving Pictures there's a point for it, as long as it's the only chance to actually see a background : once you choose a movie, it starts. But in TV-Series, once you choose a series this leads you to at least another screen, maybe two... and I think that's the place for a background. I think I'll personally stay with a fixed backgroud, probably the fine red-seats theater one, and let fanart display in seasons and/or episode view. But obviously is just a question of taste...

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
any idea on when the DialogNotify.xml omission will be fixed? Causes MP to crash. Placing the one from Monochrome solves the crash, and looks pretty good within StreamedMP too.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
any idea on when the DialogNotify.xml omission will be fixed? Causes MP to crash.
Where do you go to get to dialognotify?
Well if u wanna try yourself: download
not sure how it will look since I have no idea how to get it up, but I think I calculated everything right. :p (Has been added to svn and will be in next release)

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
the option can be turned on in MPTVSeries-Config ---> MediaPortal Display Control --> Show fanart in series view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom