New Screenshots (1 Viewer)

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
More Screen Shots

Just a quick update....

This exercise is becoming more of an experiment than just a skin.
I have played around with the layout of the videos and brought some of the database info onto the screen. The catch at this stage is that I have had to restrict the view to filmstrip only but this does not necessarily mean it will stay that way (although I like it and will have it as my own skin!).

screenshot3.png

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
London, UK
Fantastic work TVKiwi, this will look great on my TV. Very clear and high contrast without being too over bearing. It's great how you are listening to the comments and working with them. This is exactly the king of skin MP needs for all us poor guys without HDTV or 60" plasma screens. Can't wait for this one!!

Would love to see a mockup of the EPG and OSD.

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Re: More Screen Shots

What an amazing Skin ! :)
Congratulations !

Can you think to us, touchscreen users ? :
In all the actual skins, it's very difficult to select something by scrolling in the Menu : the scrolling is too fast when touching the upper or the lower zone of the Menu.
Touching an item, selects it, immediatly , and doesn't pause the scrolling step by step (like with a mouse)

It should be useful for touchscreen users, to have and UP and a Down Icon to scroll step by sep in the Menu

Thanks for all, and congratulations again for your very good work ! :)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    First, Great work!
    Second, can't you change the text "My videos" to "My movies" and change the DV-cam to an... DVD-box??? as many users use this feature to watch movies and not only home made videos. Also an home made video is a kind of movie...

Mikael

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Minor Set Back

Man, this stuff is hard (for a beginner anyway).

I have now learned (the hard way) that the screenshot above of the videos in filmstrip mode with plot etc showing has problems when either a video or music track is playing in overlay - the information that is displayed always relates to what is currently playing rather than waht is selected in the filmstrip. The only way around it is to not allow overlays in the screen which just is not a realistic option. Looks like its back to the tried and true for the views until I come up with something else.

Meanwhile the TV screen and EPG are progressing (slowly)...

Answers to siggestions made in this post:

Vidoes will be changed to Movies and I will probably drop the MY... bit as it is too Micro$oft for my liking!

I intend to encode scroll buttons on the home page for touch screen users as well as shortcuts to the major functions such as ,Music, Radio, Movies, TV - including shortcuts to the guide and recorded programs.

I will have a play with the grey area but if I do anything it will not be the same as the other panels.

More later..

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2004
    FRANCE
    Re: Minor Set Back

TVKiwi said:
    I intend to encode scroll buttons on the home page for touch screen users as well as shortcuts to the major functions such as ,Music, Radio, Movies, TV - including shortcuts to the guide and recorded programs.

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Thanks for the info Frodo..

I was about to scrap this idea which is a shame as I think it makes the best use of the fimstrip view. I will put this xml to one side for now.

critifer

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2005
    BUMMMP - TVKiwi Don't go away ...

TVKiwi said:
    Thanks for the info Frodo..

I was about to scrap this idea which is a shame as I think it makes the best use of the fimstrip view. I will put this xml to one side for now.

TVKiwi,

Please don't disappear pal - this is great work and even if you are consumed with time would be nice to see u publish a version of this for the rest of the community - including the Devs to toy with.

Please let us know if you would consider doing this.

Great work - have not seen the Guide, OSD, or other elements but if on the same track should be a very nice project. I'd be glad to assist as I have time.

Critifer

Users who are viewing this thread