New TabledMP 'Remake' called '3DGreen Skin'. (2 Viewers)

Do you like this skin?

• Total voters

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
carreno said:
New screenshot, please. :p

:wink:

Tomorrow. now i'm working hard to release the beta.

rgs

hey hey!

some updated screenshot

Home Glass Effect

glass17fj.png

glass24jt.png

And Green Glass version here :p

glass36mo.png

comments?

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
So how far away from finishing this skin do you think you are Vanessa? Have you began work on the background to the skins e.g. mymusic, mytv etc.

panic

Portal Pro
March 24, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
To be honest I (imho) like the home icons of the first posting more than the glassy ones.

Beside the look:
They can get recognised easier when not focused which is better for navigation I think.

just an idea :)

panic

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Here is my thoughts:

I really like your work vannessa, special the home screen.

untitled6d7la.png

To:
    glass17fj.png

What improvment! The new look is much more clean and the glass effect gives more deep and contrast. Good work there! This is where MP's new UI will born, away from MCE but still modern and in my opinion: better!

One small thing that hit me on this screen: The topbar has a potential to become blurry on CRT-tv's. Is there any way to "sharpen" that up? The recent screenshot's topbar is more sharp, but the new glass-one is more pretty.... can there be a combination?

Lets go over to the basic home screen.

3dgreen2yg.png

To:
    glass36mo.png

I don't wanna strive backwards, but didn't the old screenie looked better? Here is my thoughts: My first impression on this new screen is that it has lost power. The new transparancy make the screen....wimpy? I do like the glass effect and I do want this screen to fit the theme of the home.xml but it need some more power.

Suggestions:

* My opinion is that the old darker background picture was more powerful. More contrast and the vertical dizzy rows was cool! (Is there any way to use diffrent bg's on home.xml and basichome.xml?)

* The old font was better than the new one since the text TV-guide (Guida De TV) is melting into the background.

* The text-fading over the icons removes the clear-feeling, please remove that.

* Improve sharpness of the topbar (as described above)

* The icons, can you combine the new glass effect with the old solid icons? I also liked the white sharp borders around the icons in the recent screen with that glow effect.

This is only my personal opinions and I would love to hear what others think. Vanessa, you have made an amazing work and I hope you understand that. I don't want to criticize you in any way, keep on rockin'!

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Great job!
    I really like the new glass effect, but I think the icons need a little bit more contrast. A mixture between the old and the new icons would be perfect :)

About the Home screen: There is no date to be seen, and the time is partly covered by the TV preview window. Maybe the way time and date are presented on the Basic Home screen would look good on the Home screen as well?

- Waltz

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    I love the glass effect, but also really like the white border on each icon from the original design. Could you not leave the glass effect for the button center, but give a nice bold white border around each of them?

Also does the screen always haev to say welcome to media portal? Is it not possible to have the welcome message appear & then fade like a flash animation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom