[Approved] New tuning details - Australia - Victoria - South Yarra (2 Viewers)

henrysinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all.

Just did an upgrade to MP2.5 from 2.4.1 (Client and server) and it blew away settings and setups everywhere (My fault for not backing up)
    Just trying to re-scan TV channels for Australia - VIC - South Yarra (Where I live) and getting nothing as per 'South Yarra scanned.jpg' attached (note the frequencies).
    As per this thread and the confirmation in 'South Yarra real' attached, the details from the scan are wrong for South Yarra.
    Question:
    Does anyone have any idea where to put the xml file I posted previously? For the life of me I can't find it to replace it anywhere.

Attachments

• Australia-VIC-South Yarra real.JPG
      Australia-VIC-South Yarra real.JPG
      148 KB
    • Australia-VIC-South Yarra scanned.JPG
      Australia-VIC-South Yarra scanned.JPG
      241.4 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just trying to re-scan TV channels for Australia - VIC - South Yarra (Where I live) and getting nothing
    I use MP1, but your post states that you are using MP2. There are some releases of MP2 that offer three different TV Servers during the installation process: TVE3, TVE3.5, and TvMosaic. My understanding is that only TVE3 works correctly. Did you choose this TV Server, or TVE3.5? If you selected TVE3.5, run the installer again and select TVE3 (the installer will uninstall TVE3.5 and then install TVE3).

I am not familiar with the MP2 folder tree, but for TVE3 there should be a folder called TuningParameters within the MP2 folder tree in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\. Within TuningParameters there should be several subfolders, one for each type of TV signal. You want the one called dvbt.

If scanning still finds nothing, try using the All Regions selection. It will take longer to complete the scan, but it should find the channels that are available at your location.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

henrysinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use MP1, but your post states that you are using MP2. There are some releases of MP2 that offer three different TV Servers during the installation process: TVE3, TVE3.5, and TvMosaic. My understanding is that only TVE3 works correctly. Did you choose this TV Server, or TVE3.5? If you selected TVE3.5, run the installer again and select TVE3 (the installer will uninstall TVE3.5 and then install TVE3).

I am not familiar with the MP2 folder tree, but for TVE3 there should be a folder called TuningParameters within the MP2 folder tree in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\. Within TuningParameters there should be several subfolders, one for each type of TV signal. You want the one called dvbt.

If scanning still finds nothing, try using the All Regions selection. It will take longer to complete the scan, but it should find the channels that are available at your location.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Thank you for your post @CyberSimian
    Was very helpful as it's been a while since I've dug in..
    Was using TVE3. New install is TVE3.5
    Was a long journey today but I have finally fixed the xml file for this transmitter with frequencies as per
    Updated XML attached
    Suspect I might be the only person using MP in the area
    fixed

Attachments

• Australia.Vic - Melbourne - South Yarra.xml
      1.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread