No channels found Ceton/Comcast (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Josue

Ok thanks! I recorded one show with tvserver to see where the .xml recording database would show up but I can't find it.. Any tips?
    I know you found the file now, but for the benefit of other people that might read this thread in the future: the XML files are created in the same folder as the recording (TS) files.

And how can I edit it (recorded tv .xml) to include the WMC recordings?
    XML files are text files. That means they can be opened and edited in any text editor (notepad, wordpad etc.).
    You need to create one file per recording you want to import.

This would be an awesome idea for a plugin I think: one that automatically sweeps the WMC recordings folder (or database) and updates the MP tvserver database to include those recordings.
    Indeed. Unfortunately I don't have time to implement such an idea. Too many other things on my list.

Another thing I'm having a hard time with is channel numbering. Once I finally got the xmltv plugin configured properly all programs are downloaded properly but the MP interface doesn't display the channel numbers. How can I change this so they keep they original tuner channel number instead of just the network name?
    The channel numbers (and names) have nothing to do with the XMLTV plugin (which is just a guide data source).
    When you scan in your Channels [with a CableCARD tuner], TV Server should automatically pick up the channel names and numbers.
    Normally only the channel names are visible in the guide. If you want to see the channel numbers as well then you need to make some tweaks to MediaPortal configuration.
    1. Open MediaPortal configuration.
    2. Expand the TV/Radio section.
    3. Select the TV subsection.
    4. On the general settings tab tick "show channel numbers".
    5. Click OK to close MP configuration and save.
    You probably also want to untick "select channel by index" while you're there.

For an explanation of what these settings do:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/22_TV/1_TV_Client#Channel_numbers

Thank you for all your help, you have all been lifesavers with these posts and your lightning fast follow-ups! :)
    No problem. :)

Nevermind.... Found the file, so there's one for each recording?
    Correct. One for each recording.

Now I notice another issue... WMC records .wtv file whereas I know tvserver records in .ts format. Is that an issue for the playback of these recordings in MediaPortal?
    No and maybe.
    No, I'm pretty sure the database import allows you to import WTV file details.
    Maybe, because if the recordings are DRM'd (ie. copy protected) then they can't be played except by WMC on the PC that recorded them or by a WMC extender. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of DRM.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks again,

I have wiped mediaportal clean from the computer and starting over. Reinstalling drivers the whole bit. I will get back to you later

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wondering do you think it could be a cable box only thing?
    No, the recording seems to play fine in VLC so at face value it looks like an issue with MP.

After watching the recording in VLC my guess is that the PTS jumps that TsReader is detecting may be false positives. The "video" data seems to be quite discontinuous, as you'd expect for a video stream that is basically a slide show.

I'm sorry to say that problems like this are outside my area of expertise and far beyond my ability to resolve. There's nothing further I can do to assist. Having said, that I'm hopeful that Owlsroost will be able to assist further if/when he has a chance to take a look at the recording in more detail...

[edit: Just to add, I do get a brief moment of audio when I attempt to play the recording in MediaPortal (Cyberlink video and LAV audio codecs). If I change the file extension from TS to MPG the recording plays fine in MP. That almost certainly confirms the limitation/issue is in TsReader.]

I'm in the middle of doing another mod to TsReader, but I'll take a look at the sample file soon.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Cam - please try the attached TsReader.ax version (just replace the existing file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal).

Hopefully it will play the music channels correctly (it plays your sample recording OK).

Attachments

• TsReader_v3_0_84_4a.zip
      177.6 KB

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Have an update losing a tuner every so often.
    I had the Ceton Tuner card in the 1x slot, I moved it to the 16x slot and being running smoothly ever since.
    Kinda makes since HUH?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Cam

That's an extremely interesting observation! (y)
    Technically since the card is a PCIe x1 card I would have thought it should work fine in a x1 slot... but maybe the bandwidth allocation design for your motherboard means the x1 slot is a bit "starved".
    Are you able to tell us what motherboard you have?

Best regards,
    mm

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Last edited:

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    One thing I noticed, when I do a restart, before the tuner state would say idle then go to n/a for a few seconds then back to idle.
    Now it starts at idle and does not change unless a recording or timeshift is called for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom