[solved] No sound after clean install? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi, anything is wrong with my MP. I do a clean install and now MP has no sound (no skin effekts, no audio sound, no tv sound). In the Volume Mixer of my audio card it seems ok, but why mp has no sound output?

Attachments

Last edited:

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Germany Germany
Country flag
Is your PC itself having sound?
Yes, all system Sounds are working and I have sounds in all other apps like netflix, but no sound in mp2. Further that is my server, on all clients in the network I have a sound in Mp, but not on that server. The hdmi connection plays all system sounds on my tv, only the mp is quiet.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Have you tried to change the audio device in MP2? You are currently using Default Direct Sound. What happens if you change this to a hardware device such as your TV?

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yes I have, with no result:

Default Direct Sound Device: No sound
    Direct Sound and HDMI: No sound
    Wasapi and hdmi: No sound

I was wondering why that happens after I deleted all files in appdata. All other Apps Play the Sound on TV over hdmi and I hear also the system Sounds, but MP is still quiet.

Attachments

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hhm, no real idea. That is nothing specific to MP2. Did you already run Windows audio troubleshooter?

If everything fails, you could delete all audio devices in the device manager and let Windows recognize the hardware again after a reboot.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yes I run the audio trouble shooter and it found no problems. At the moment I watch netflix on that server with sound, but I like to have MP with sounds :(

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If everything fails, you could delete all audio devices in the device manager and let Windows recognize the hardware again after a reboot.
    I will try that, but I have uninstalled the drivers before, also with no result.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If the PC has sound, it should be possible to teach MP2 to stop being speechless.

I trust that you have tried to switch off the PC (really off) and starting it again, have you?
    What drivers are you using in MP2 for the audio player? LAV? Then the LAV settings may be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M TV Server Preview Window is blank, sounds works Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 3
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    A [solved] menu sounds General 1
    R Normalise sound volume somehow? Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    Y [solved] Sound will only come out of TV and not computer attached speakers General 1
    T Missing sound in online streaming service (SVTPlay) General Support 3
    rexdog unhandled exception error, and, no sound on first TV channel selected - fine afterwards General 2
    M No sound on videos General 8
    joecrow Loss of Navigation Sounds on Resume from Sleep Mp 1.21 General Support 10
    N [Rejected] Include BBC Sounds (radio catch up) in the Online Videos plugin Feature Requests 4
    Glith Sound stops working after first playback 1.21 88
    Cowboy [solved] MP1.20 issue with HD audio stream (not all media) watch/edit Videos 6
    stirlinghart [solved] No Rear Surround Sound inside MP2 General 10
    J amazon plays sound but no video OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 0
    H Sound loss & display problems on refresh rate change Watch / Listen Media 21
    R Delay in audio output over HDMI OffTopic 11
    J Clean up orphaned entries in MP-TV Series My TVSeries 2
    R Uninstalling MediaPortal completely to enable clean install. MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G Installation Issues Clean OS and Brand New MP Install Installation, configuration support 6
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    toricred x64 Bit Installer for 2.2.3 General 2
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    C Can't install any extensions - DLL error Installation, configuration support 19
    joecrow 1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. Bugreports 24
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8