[solved] No sound after clean install? (2 Viewers)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_214648.jpg
    IMG_20191008_214648.jpg
    3.3 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For some reason your Windows is not offering the necessary digital device and sound is processed as stereo - and in principle transmitted to your TV set as showed by your other pictures. By the way, the use of the Windows 10 screenshot tool yields better and much smaller jpg files.

Now I don't know which audio device you need to select in the MP2 settings. Normally the Direct Sound is doing the job, yet you seem to have tried everything.

Sorry, out of ideas. Maybe somebody else has a suggestion.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For some reason your Windows is not offering the necessary digital device and sound is processed as stereo - and in principle transmitted to your TV set as showed by your other pictures. By the way, the use of the Windows 10 screenshot tool yields better and much smaller jpg files.

Now I don't know which audio device you need to select in the MP2 settings. Normally the Direct Sound is doing the job, yet you seem to have tried everything.

Sorry, out of ideas. Maybe somebody else has a suggestion.

I think I try to install windows new tomorrow. I have no idea whats going wrong with that MP installation and why it works before.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After a new Windows Installation it works now. No matter whats going wrong before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] TV sound but no picture DE
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD playback in MP2. Perhaps you mean the cyberlink app starts, if you enter a DVD into the slot. To avoid this you'll have to deactivate autoplay in the windows settings. Open Windows Settings Select...
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD...
    Hello, I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom