[solved] No sound after clean install? (2 Viewers)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, anything is wrong with my MP. I do a clean install and now MP has no sound (no skin effekts, no audio sound, no tv sound). In the Volume Mixer of my audio card it seems ok, but why mp has no sound output?

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_121233.jpg
    IMG_20191008_121233.jpg
    4 MB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-10-08-12.19.48.zip
    158.3 KB
Last edited:

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here is a log for tv, music and Video. All without sound output :(

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-10-08-14.28.19.zip
    2.9 MB

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is your PC itself having sound?

Yes, all system Sounds are working and I have sounds in all other apps like netflix, but no sound in mp2. Further that is my server, on all clients in the network I have a sound in Mp, but not on that server. The hdmi connection plays all system sounds on my tv, only the mp is quiet.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried to change the audio device in MP2? You are currently using Default Direct Sound. What happens if you change this to a hardware device such as your TV?

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I have, with no result:

Default Direct Sound Device: No sound
    Direct Sound and HDMI: No sound
    Wasapi and hdmi: No sound

I was wondering why that happens after I deleted all files in appdata. All other Apps Play the Sound on TV over hdmi and I hear also the system Sounds, but MP is still quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_144756.jpg
      IMG_20191008_144756.jpg
      5.3 MB
    • IMG_20191008_144814.jpg
      IMG_20191008_144814.jpg
      5.4 MB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, no real idea. That is nothing specific to MP2. Did you already run Windows audio troubleshooter?

If everything fails, you could delete all audio devices in the device manager and let Windows recognize the hardware again after a reboot.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I run the audio trouble shooter and it found no problems. At the moment I watch netflix on that server with sound, but I like to have MP with sounds :(

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If everything fails, you could delete all audio devices in the device manager and let Windows recognize the hardware again after a reboot.

I will try that, but I have uninstalled the drivers before, also with no result.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the PC has sound, it should be possible to teach MP2 to stop being speechless.

I trust that you have tried to switch off the PC (really off) and starting it again, have you?
    What drivers are you using in MP2 for the audio player? LAV? Then the LAV settings may be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread