Now playing artist/song not always updated (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any progress? (bump) ;)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
    No sorry.
    If you can persuade my boss to take some of my work off me then it will got looked at a lot quicker :p

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also sometimes get the same problem, when I manually choose a song from my database while I'm playing some music.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a chance this bug gets fixed in a 1.2x version of Mediaportal, or do I have to wait for a 1.3x version and hope it will work in that version?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Since we don't yet have a fix for this, I don't think this will be fixed in 1.2.3. Please bear in mind that we are a small team with full time jobs and families.

As long as music plays, the skin properties not updating correctly is not as serious as some issues, so it will be a matter of when this gets to the top of someone's list and how easy it is to reproduce and fix the problem.

Best wishes,

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have been unable to replicate or figure out what is causing this. (so possibly a timing issue).
    If I could replicate this at will then it would likely be quite simple to fix but the things I have considered so far have not worked (and this just uses the MP internal player notification of when tracks have changed)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    CypherMK,

Could you please write a concise description of the problem and detailed steps to reproduce for the mantis entry, so that we don't lose track of this issue? Have a look at other mantis entries as a guideline.

Post the description here and I will then add it to mantis.

You (or maybe someone else) did say that there was another problem as well. Could you start a new bug report thread with that one, and we can try to get that verified and sorted as well.

Thanks,

Mark

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi mark!

i posted a detailed description here. i can reproduce this EVERY single time on my system.
    logs are attached in this post. please let me know what else information we can provide, to help finding the cause of this issue.

thank you!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Mark,

Problem:
    When I have a playlist loaded with songs, I sometimes get, when the next song is playing, the info of the previous song that was played. This only happens in the 'now playing' screen! In the actual playlist, everything is fine.

Steps to reproduce:

Load a bunch of tracks and let it play. Go to the now playing screen (automatically and/or manually). Wait until the problem occurs (usually within a few played tracks). Go to playlist to see that the actual track that is playing is different than the track in the 'now playing' screen.

Extra info:
    I normally use 'one button music' plugin. When I hit play, it will load 1000 random tracks from my database. Within a few tracks played, the problem occurs.
    When I just load an album, playlist etc. the problem will also arise within a few tracks played.

Logs and screenshots: First post!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You (or maybe someone else) did say that there was another problem as well. Could you start a new bug report thread with that one, and we can try to get that verified and sorted as well.

Thanks,

Mark

The other problem I mentioned, isn't a bug I think. I think it is, because I use 'one button music' a lot, it also loads some *.m3u files stored in my music folder. When these are loaded, the music stops. But when I skip to the next track, the music will play again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom