[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
@ hirez and il12941
I had the same problem. You have to change the mce original driver with the replacement one.
http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm
Pay attention to this:

Easy mistakes to make are

- The remote is listed as an input device as well, but you need to change the driver for the USB device
- To find the driver you need to navigate right to the driver folder and select the "mceir.inf" file.
- Follow the instruction entirely - if you don't the system will most likely find the std MS driver.

greets
Dareh.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    With the latest test version this is fixed. I will be updating the download site version momentarily.

Cheers,

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    problems with version 1.0.3.0??

Aaron - hello again.

I have been away using other mce software (shame!) while waiting for a replacement video card to arrive. Now all is go again.

I re-installed mp 2.2 and it works fine except for your mce replacement plugin. I downloaded version 1.0.3.0 from the plugins at the MP website. I installed it (BTW I like the .exe file rather than the old way of installing).

I only want to use it to change channels on my sky stb so did not actually replace the driver. I know I have to delete the mce mappings but couldn't find the right dialogue box in the plugin config. Have you changed things at all? I tried to click on "Map MCE Buttons" but get an error message: "Could not find part of the path C:/Program Files/Team MP/MP/InputDeviceMappings/Custom/MCEReplacement.xml".

I checked and the path after InputDeviceMappings in my copy of MP 2.2 goes "/default/MCEReplacement.xml", not "/custom/"etc. Is this because 1.0.3.0 is for the SVN? I made sure that I installed for 2.2 without the svn (I think).

Now, of course, I get double presses everywhere.

Can you help?

Thanks

Richard

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sure did. I was going to reply, but I'm working on it right now so I'll reply when I know something :)

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    Thanks mate. Sorry to trouble you. We are just greatfull for all the work you have put in. Before your efforts I never got any product (other than win mce) to change channels on a sky box, so "you're the man".

Richard

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Need some help with remapping a button

Hello,

This is a great plugin. Works perfectly with my MCE remote.

I have a question though. I'm trying to remap a button on my remote to toggle the subtitles on FFDSHOW. MP's internal subtitles toggling does not work...

So I setup FFDSHOW to display subtitles and FFDSHOW to monitor keyboard key "V" for toggling subtitles.

Running in MP, I can toggle the subtitles by pressing V.

I tried to map this button to the remote's "Clear" button. I use the command "Key Press" and key is "86"... However, this does not work at all...

Can someone shed some light on this?

thanks,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are you using the Input Mappers key press simulator or the Key press macro command?

You should use the key press macro command, in which case you wouldn't use a number, but just "V" (without the "")

Give that a try. I seem to remember someone else trying to do the same thing some time ago, perhaps they can shed some light on how/if they got it to work.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    arjay:
    I've found the problem with the MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 version of the plugin, it had to do with the input mapping file. I've fixed it and will release a new version of the plugin very soon. I'm just tracking down a bug with the event mapping and then I'll post the new version.

I just wanted to let you know that I have found it and a fix is on it's way.

Cheers,

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi,

thanks for the tip.

i tried using key press macro command to set up a key press and then map that macro to a button on the remote. it didn't work for me (keyboard work though).

have you tried this on your setup and confirmed working? if so, I'll try reintalling the plugin.

thanks again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom