[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've done some reading and FFDShow has a "Remote Control API" which lets you send Windows Messages to FFDShow to control it.

So if instead of using a Key press command you use a Window Message.

I'll do some more research and have a solution for you hopefully within a couple of days.

Cheers,

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron,

thanks for going into this kind of trouble to make this work. really appreciate it.

RocketMan66

Portal Member
    March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    PVR-150 IR Blaster Support?

I was wondering if there is any consideration on supporting the non MCE IR blaster that the PVR-150 uses?

I am so close to having my system perfected, all I lack is a way to change channels on my STB from the TV Server.

I believe there is an MP plugin that works (refer to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/irblaster_and_mix_sat_channels_and_fta-t9925.html?t=9925 for further details), perhaps it can be integrated into the MCE replacement plugin for the TV server?

Many thanks.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm not going to add support for new devices to the MCE Replacement plugin or to my current TV3 MCE Blaster plugin.

Don't panic. I will be supporting more devices when I release my next plugin/application suite. It will support MCE and USB-UIRT blasters from day one, as well as a few other receivers.

I will add PVR-150 to my list of IR devices to support, but I can't promise it will be supported at the time I release it.

I'm still trying to iron out some bugs before I release it to the general community. I've been trying to get something out for people to test for a few weeks now, but keep finding problems that I need to fix. I'll post in this forum when it's available.

Cheers,

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    Aaron - appreciate that there are complex things to be fixed - don't know how you do it. However, as it stands, I have no pvr because the double clicks make MP unusable. I can use MP without your driver of course, but then it won't change channels on my sky box. Very difficult to set it to tape things of course.

I am running .2.2.0. Is it possible to use an older version of your driver with .2.2, and if so where would I get it?

Richard

RocketMan66

Portal Member
    March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: PVR-150 support

I will add PVR-150 to my list of IR devices to support, but I can't promise it will be supported at the time I release it.

Thanks Aaron, I was contemplating buying a USB-UIRT device, but if you are going to develop the plugin to work with the PVR-150 I might wait. Thank you for the work you are putting into this.

As far as I know, the MP plugin (Hauppauge IR Blaster) uses the Hauppauge application "blaster.exe" which is normally used by the Hauppauge TV viewer application to control IR devices such as STBs.

If you need any assistance in testing, let me know I am more than happy to help.;)

Neil

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    plz FFDshow support, finaly subtiles and levels and other image quality support inside the OSD :p

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey everyone,

There's a new test version of the plugin on the first page of this thread.

I can't remember all the things I've changed in it, so if you've reported a problem to me in the past few weeks then give this version a try and get back to me if it's not fixed. :)

Now, for people who want to control FFDSHOW ... I've made some changes to the way the Windows Messages macro command type works (but only behind the scenes, nothing you'll notice in the setup)... Here's how it works.

You can now put in a windows title or class name into the Application field on the Windows Messages command setup. The plugin will look for a process with the same executable path, failing that it will look for the class name, failing that it will look for the window title. I'm going to improve this in the future, but for now I think it's sufficient... So for FFDSHOW you put ffdshow_remote_class

Then for the message field you put 32786

And then for the WParam you put 0 and for the LParam you put the command you are setting.

You then make another windows message command exactly the same but with a WParam of 1 and an LParam of the value to change the setting to.

This is a really bad explanation, so I've attached some sample macros to this post that you can use to turn ffdshow subtitles on and off. Put these in the Macro folder under the plugins application data folder. Usually: C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaPortal MCE Replacement Plugin\MACRO

All you need to do to ffdshow to enable this sort of control is load the ffdshow video decoder configuration, go to "Keys & remote", enable Remote control API, select "User defined", and make sure the value of "User defined" is 32786. Like the attached screenshot.

Good luck, let me know if you have any trouble, and if all is well I will post this version on the main download section.

I've made a note of all other suggestions, but my time is stretched at the moment, so I can't promise when these things will get done. Sorry.

EDIT: For those that would like to control other aspects of ffdshow with the method I've outlined above and demonstrated in the attached macros you can get the id's to use from the attached 'ffdshow_constants.h' file. For example, for subtitles I've used IDFF_isSubtitles which is 801. Good luck.

Cheers,

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi, i´m pretty new to mp, but i think this plugin might be what i´m looking for:
    i´m running tvengine0.3 and mp on the same machine. what i´d like to do is start up mp with the green button. i´d also like to map some additional buttons of my sony mce remote, which don´t show up in the remote config screen of mpsetup(a "clear" and "enter" button below the alphanumeric keys). is this possible and should i use the plugin for tvengine3 or the one on the first page of this thread? i already downloaded both of them to look for more info/documentation but there´s only an exe file insede the zip and i didn´t want to install before knowing a bit more.
    i´d be grateful for any advice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom