[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
Aaron - well done!! The new version has sorted outed the mapping problem as far as it looking in the wrong directory for files (see my earlier post). It now offers single clicks and will change channels on my sky box. One happy bunny this end, and the WAF has gone up a bit too!

Regards

Richard

dash80

Portal Member
April 2, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Aaron, thanks for including the SA 3250. BTW, I have the SA Explorer 3250 HD. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but it still doesn't work for me. I tried using different blaster speeds to no avail. Each time I reconfigured I ok'd out of MCE Replacement Plugin Configuration and unplugged the MS USB IR Blaster. Then I plugged it back in after a few seconds, opened the MCE Plugin config, tried to test channel change but it still didn't work.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Aaron,

It works!! I can turn the ffdshow subtitles on and off from my MCE remote now.

Thanks!

One additional thing though, is it possible to write a macro for toggling the subtitles on and off. Right now, I got it working with two remote buttons; one for On and one for Off. It would be much cleaner to have one button dedicated for both On and Off. I'm not complaining though...very happy that you made this work.

Great job!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi, i´m pretty new to mp, but i think this plugin might be what i´m looking for:
    i´m running tvengine0.3 and mp on the same machine. what i´d like to do is start up mp with the green button. i´d also like to map some additional buttons of my sony mce remote, which don´t show up in the remote config screen of mpsetup(a "clear" and "enter" button below the alphanumeric keys). is this possible and should i use the plugin for tvengine3 or the one on the first page of this thread? i already downloaded both of them to look for more info/documentation but there´s only an exe file insede the zip and i didn´t want to install before knowing a bit more.
    i´d be grateful for any advice.

There is a separate plugin for tve3. But it and this one won't coexist. I'm working on a solution and should have something in the next week or so.

This plugin does let you map the clear and enter buttons too.

Aaron, thanks for including the SA 3250. BTW, I have the SA Explorer 3250 HD. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but it still doesn't work for me. I tried using different blaster speeds to no avail. Each time I reconfigured I ok'd out of MCE Replacement Plugin Configuration and unplugged the MS USB IR Blaster. Then I plugged it back in after a few seconds, opened the MCE Plugin config, tried to test channel change but it still didn't work.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I'd try the "None" speed setting to see if that works. You will need to unplug and re-plug in the unit when switching between None and any other speed. But between fast, medium and slow you don't need to unplug and re-plug it.

If that doesn't work then I really don't know what else you could try. Unless your set top box has another way of controlling it, like Serial or USB?

Aaron,

It works!! I can turn the ffdshow subtitles on and off from my MCE remote now.

Thanks!

One additional thing though, is it possible to write a macro for toggling the subtitles on and off. Right now, I got it working with two remote buttons; one for On and one for Off. It would be much cleaner to have one button dedicated for both On and Off. I'm not complaining though...very happy that you made this work.

Great job!

You could make it toggle by adding a layer switch command to the end of each macro and then placing them on a different layer in the button mapping form.

Give that a try.

Cheers,

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks,

Got it working perfectly. This is hands down the best plugin for MP.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey all,

I've just updated the test version, I encourage everyone with the last test version to update, as this fixes a problem with macros.

Cheers,

pdoconnell

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    Madison, WI, USA
    I tried the plugin like you suggested in my other thread to get my remote working, and I'm still not able to do anything in MP. In the plugin commands I can map IR commands with each button, and each button is working fine according to that. But I can't use those mappings to map them to specific commands in the remote config, and the default "use MCE remote" option still doesn't do anything for me. This is with using the Vista remote drivers that you made, and with the latest version of the plugin. Any suggestions?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the late reply, every now and then a post slips past me.

If you've installed the Vista Replacement Driver and you've got the latest version of the plugin then I can't think why it would not work. Could you post your MediaPortal.log file for me to look at?

All I can suggest is that you make sure that MediaPortal's native MCE remote support is disabled, the plugin is enabled and that the device is listed in Device Manager. If all those things are right then it should work ... You know that you have to map the buttons in the plugin and not in MediaPortal's native MCE remote setup area...

Hmmm, maybe I need that log file...

Cheers,

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had the same problem and what I did to fix this was:

in plugin configuration:
    Extended Logging - Tick! (not required but should help)
    Require Focus - Tick! (I found I needed this!)
    Tune External Channels - Tick! (only if you need STB blasting)
    Enable MCE Remote - Tick! (VERY MUCH required!)

Also I found that blasting would not work in Vista with "blaster_Port" was set to both.

Hope this helps...

Andy

I tried the plugin like you suggested in my other thread to get my remote working, and I'm still not able to do anything in MP. In the plugin commands I can map IR commands with each button, and each button is working fine according to that. But I can't use those mappings to map them to specific commands in the remote config, and the default "use MCE remote" option still doesn't do anything for me. This is with using the Vista remote drivers that you made, and with the latest version of the plugin. Any suggestions?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Aaron

Sorry for bothering you with this, but you are the only that will be able to help. :sorry: I’ve been using your plug-in for a very long time now and it is great, except for something that just wont work. Scheduled recording will not execute correctly, because for some reason your plug-in always change card-1’s channels when I schedule a recording. I’ve gotten around this by setting card-1 as the recording-card, and card-2 as my viewing-card. By doing this I’m loosing the functionality to record on two cards, as well as to allow for over-lapping recordings. I remember that you changed something (a while back) in your plug-in to get around a problem in MP that sent the incorrect channel numbers on card-2. Is it this change that is causing my problem….or could it be something else?

Many Thanks
    Geo

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom