[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethefin

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Aaron! Have You tested the Serial interface lately? I installed latest SVN and it stopped working, using Your latest 1.0.4.1 version, the log as an attachment. Is it only my mediaportal or.... ?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Probably in the TV Server Configuration ( or Management or what ever the name is)
TV Server Config must have about the same settings as MP Config, so just look.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mikethefin:

The serial command format changed a few versions ago, you probably just need to remake the commands.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,

mikethefin

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Aaron! I must be stupid but i can't figure out what is changed in the command formats? Could You please help me on the way?

Mike

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron,

Is there a way to use MCE Replacement Plugin to control MediaPortal when it's not in focus? Ideally I would like to pass all commands from my MCE remote exclusively to MediaPortal without changing its focus and affecting any other applications that may be running at the same time. I need to limit MCE remote to affect only MediaPortal - and nothing else.

I need this because the computer with MediaPortal is shared. It is often used by 2 people at the same time - one watching video from MediaPortal through TV set, another working with applications on computer monitor. Both TV and monitor are connected to the same computer.

When the person watching TV is using MCE remote to control MediaPortal, it often affects the application that is in focus at the time - making the second person working with it very unhappy :)

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mikethefin:
    I haven't had a chance to sort this out yet. I'll take a look within the next 24 hours and get back to you.

caveman69:
    Yes, you absolutely can do that.

First of all, uncheck the require focus checkbox that is in the plugin configuration. This will then tell the plugin to act on input no matter what the focus state is.

Secondly, if you haven't made the registry change to disable the default button actions then you will need to do that. Otherwise the default actions will occur on your focused application. To disable the default actions you change the registry as described in the post in my signature "You don't need the Replacement Driver".

If you have any problems then don't hesitate to ask here.

Cheers,

bjorndevos

November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    no luck

I have tried the mce replacement plugin but with no succes.
    The blaster led is blinking but nothing happens.
    With myblaster it works (only the test and learn program from it) but the plugin doesn't work anymore
    with mediaportal 0.2.3.

I have a DB-AD101 (this is a digibox used here in belgium provided by telenet).

I hope some one can help me tnx.

magnolio

December 21, 2006
    Hi!

First of all thanks for a great plugin.

I was woundering if it is posible to run a program with event mapping when entering my videos?
    I want to send a magic packet to my server when entering my videos.
    The run program part i have figured out but when I try selecting
    go_to Window, target window id= it won't work.
    i've tried a couple of different combinations of event and parameter but the closest i've come is that the program is executed when entering any window

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron,

Modifying registry helped to prevent the remote sending keystrokes to other apps in focus. But it also crippled MediaPortal.

I have "require focus" box unchecked and registry keys removed. But MediaPortal does not always respond to key presses after modifying registry - when it's not in focus. It works ok for Up and Down and Green keys, but does not respond to OK, Back and other keys.

When I have the registry keys restored, MediaPortal starts receiving keystorkes again, but so do other apps.

So it seems that MCE Replacement Plugin does not respond to all keystrokes when MediaPortal is not in focus - whether registry keys are removed or present. This has been my experience so far.

I do not use HID or Girder. I use MPTray.exe to start MediaPortal with the Green button. I do not run any other Ir-related apps. What do you think is a problem?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom