[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Different problem - plugin crash...

Another problem - when I use the Volume+/- buttons (which are reprogrammed to talk directly to the receiver volume) MP crashes - the exception log shows this:

ExceptionType: System.OverflowException
Message: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
Source: mscorlib

Stack trace:
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.ProcessRemoteButton(String remoteButton)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.GenericPCQueue`1.WorkerThread()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

If I use the Different Remote function in the MCERP setup, it shows the value 2774159535 (hex A55A50AF) for both buttons. I haven't changed the remote programming, but as I mentioned I've been using an old MCERP version up until now...

Sorry about causing so much trouble :(

Logs attached - start MP, press Volume+...

[Edit]Should I try the IR Suite? or am I likely to have the same problems? (I'm not currently running TVServer, but will have to soon to get DVB-s/t)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, that crash is because I convert the button code to an integer (from a string) in the mce replacement plugin.

I never changed it to handle strings natively because I have shifted all my attention to IR Server Suite.

I could make the change now but it would might break some peoples configurations (require reconfiguration).

I'll look at changing it after the 1.0.4.2 final release is out.

In the meantime, IR Server Suite does not suffer from this bug ... so it's your choice. :)

Cheers,

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK - just a quick note to say I've graduated to the IR Suite, and MP no longer crashes when I change the volume :)

It does have all the same learning/blasting problems - I guess this is expected?

I've tried the HIP files with it as well - they still don't work; neither do newly learnt STB commands. I notice that the IR File Tool reports the frequency of the working commands as 41451 (I think it was), but newly recorded ones I have to "decode" twice to get frequency=38000... But I guess you will get the same results from the files...

Cheers,
    Andrew

donjuan23

May 4, 2008
    Cyberlink remote

as a Complete Newbie.....

is it possible to use this with a cyberlink remote handset and receiver
    I'm really just looking to be able to use that remote to control MP
    any advice appreciated
    thanks

fattigfaan

April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any way to make a key shutdown my emulator game by pressing it? I cant seem to find a way for it, tried to search the forum also..

peter448

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi and-81.

Is there file/install versioning that applies to the MCE Replacement Driver (Vista or otherwise)? I found today one download in this forum called "MCE Replacement Driver.zip" and another called "MCE Replacement Driver (Vista).zip". No versioning details exists in the filename or the contents (readme) from what I can see. Version control seems great on the MCE Replacement Plugin. I'm trying to work out where I'm at.

Also, are there any details on the difference between the vista_amd64 and vista_x86 driver? I'm using (with some issues) vista_x86 and don't know if I should be using vista_amd64 because of my system (see My System). (Did a thread search for AMD and didn't find anything).

Regards, Peter

peter448

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi.

I had some time today and thought I'd do some testing of both 'MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Review 4)' and 'MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1', and unfortunately neither of them would work for me in MP...at all.

Firstly, background (check My System to see my setup)...

1. Installed vista_x86 from MCE Replacement Driver.zip (it came from the Obsolete forum post...I didn't know about this thread at the time).
    2. Installed MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1.zip.
    3. Enabled it in MP plugin, and ticked the 'Enabled MCE Remote' option. No other config setup/changes.
    4. MP worked fine, although when coming out of resume with the remote (which the remote would bring the PC out of just fine) it wouldn't work in MP 'sometimes' when resuming straight back to MP...keyboard/mouse was fine...had to exit MP and restart it manually or get MP to restart automatically when it came out of resume.

So I've been working with it like this. That brings me to today. Thinking that a newer/different driver and/or plugin may help with my resume issue.

5. Uninstalled the MCE Replacement Driver using the uninstall that comes with 'MCE Replacement Driver (Vista).zip'. This 'kinda' seemed to work because as soon I did this Vista reinstalled a driver, which appeared to be the one I just uninstalled.
    6. Installed vista_x86 from 'MCE Replacement Driver (Vista).zip', which seemed to work OK. I looked at the driver version/details under Device Manager and couldn't see any difference, but maybe there is.
    7. Tested MP again and it worked fine (as my resume issue was intermittent it will likely take me a while to work out if the Driver has made a difference to that...but I get the 'feeling' it is more of a Plugin related issue anyway).
    8. Uninstalled MCE Replacement Plugin via Program Manager (I think that's what it's still called under Vista).
    9. Installed 'MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4).zip'. Went into MP Config and checked the Plugin. It was enabled (and perhaps strangely the 'Enable MCE Remote' was already selected...so I guess the uninstall doesn't do a full uninstall). Exited.
    10. Restarted MP, and the remote doesn't work at all. Exited MP using the keyboard/mouse.
    11. Uninstalled MCE Replacement Plugin via Program Manager.
    12. Installed 'MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1.zip'. Went into MP Config and checked the Plugin. It was enabled (again 'Enable MCE Remote' was already selected). Exited.
    13. Restarted MP, and the remote doesn't work at all. Exited MP using the keyboard/mouse.
    14. Uninstalled MCE Replacement Plugin via Program Manager.
    15. Installed 'MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1.zip'. Went into MP Config and checked the Plugin. It was enabled (again 'Enable MCE Remote' was already selected). Exited.
    13. Restarted MP, and the remote is now working again.

That's it. Did nothing else in between steps 5 to 13 above. I saw a couple of things along the way but I'm not sure any of them were the issue with the Plugin versions that didn't work. I took screenshots along the way that I've included for reference.

a. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 Install.jpg : the install says it is for MP 0.2.3.0.
    b. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 PluginScreen.jpg : the Plugin at the bottom of the main/first screen says it is 1.0.4.0 for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 when it is version 1.0.4.0, and maybe its not supposed to work or work properly with MP 1.0.0.0 RC1.
    c. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) Install.jpg : the install says it is for MP 0.2.3.0.
    d. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) PluginScreen.jpg : the Plugin at the bottom of the main/first screen says it is 1.0.4.2 for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, and maybe its not supposed to work or work properly with MP 1.0.0.0 RC1.
    e. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 Install.jpg : the install says it is for MP 0.2.3.0.
    f. MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 PluginScreen.jpg : the Plugin at the bottom of the main/first screen says it is 1.4.2.0 for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, and maybe its not supposed to work or work properly with MP 1.0.0.0 RC1.

I hope all of this helps. I probably should be including logs, but haven't worked out how to do that with the MCE Replacement Driver/Plugin yet, nor where the logs are, or more importantly whether there would be any benefit in doing logs in this case.

Regards, Peter

Attachments

• MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 Install.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 Install.jpg
      20.4 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 PluginScreen.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.1 PluginScreen.jpg
      30.8 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) Install.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) Install.jpg
      20.5 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) PluginScreen.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.0.4.2 (Preview 4) PluginScreen.jpg
      30.8 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 Install.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 Install.jpg
      22.4 KB
    • MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 PluginScreen.jpg
      MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1 PluginScreen.jpg
      31.1 KB

kamuisan7

Portal Member
    November 19, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Which file do you need exactly ?

I think the problem is when I learn the ir code of my stb remote. It seems it learns a part of the ir code, because the time of flashing of the blaster is very short with version 1.0.4.2 ... With version 1.0.3.1, the red light flashes a longer time.

Hi Aaron

I installed the Mp RC1, and in the same time, I try again your new version of the MCE replacement Plugin.
    With this new version, we have to use microsoft driver or your mce replacement driver ?

After several tests, it seems the ir codes are well learned, the problem is with the blaster, I think your plugin send only a part of the code ... I say that because :
    - I learn ir codes with the new version MCE replacement RC1
    - With the new version MCE replacement RC1, the blaster flashes but no effect on my stb
    - I try to use the same ir codes learned with the previous plugin 1.0.3.1, and it works well ...

Any idea about the problem ?

mbu10

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    media portal rc 2 mce replacment plugin 1.4.2

just done a fresh install of media portal rc2
    with your plugin MCE Replacement Plugin - 1.4.2 RC1.zip
    and can configure fine
    and learns ok
    and can blast from the plugin from the config menu
    but when it comes to inside media portal it moves around fine and all menus and keys
    but it refuses to change channels it does not even blink the red light when inside the media portal
    come back out and work fine from the media portal config and chnages via the test button to which ever channel i want
    back in to media portal
    refuses to chnage channel again
    please any help
    thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom