One Button Random Music? (1 Viewer)

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey thanks for building the plugin but unfortunately its not working for me. I have a gateway mce remote and i tried to hit play on both home screens, "p" on the keyboard doesnt work either. The plugin is enabled and configurated to play random. It almost seems like the program isnt hooking my key presses.

Any ideas?

Please post your logs. it should work with both keyboard and remote

Well I uninstalled then reinstalled/configured and it now works with my keyboard but still not with my remote

Im gonna mess with the remote settings and see if that does it but do you have any idea or fix?

UPDATE:
The remote worked after a few hits but as stated before its pretty flaky. Also the icons/art/visual stuff only works for me when i hit P on the keyboard.Just thought id let you know Not that I care cause this plugin is awesome!! Thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Funny thing is that i just subscribe to the message being sent and it shouldn't matter, if i got that from keyboard or remote.

anyhow, i should find some time in the next days, to test that on my htpc with the remote.

pissbang

November 26, 2008
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    next question:

would it be possible to skip the track that's currently playing? not every song in my collection is a classic.

thanks

merci1983

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2004
    Near Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello hwahrmann,

first i like to say thank you very much for this nice plugin.

But i also have a problem using the "old" mce remote. When pressing play on the remote no music is playing and some remote keys dont work (i.e. The green button and the "back"-button). I will try to send logs when i am back at home this evening. When pressing "p" on keyboard everything works fine.

My configuration:
    MCE Remote (first modell)
    Mediaportal RC3 with last svn
    Windows XP Pro with SP3
    Plugin is used with "random playing 100 songs"

Hope there is a way to fix it, because it´s a really nice feature to play random Music without starting the tv!!!!!

best regards
    merci1983

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Finally i was able to test with a remote.

All of you having problems with Remotes are right.
    The plugin seems to cause blocking on all remote commands after a Play has been started.
    at this stage i don't know yet, why this happens.

i'll try to debug it. Don't have too much time for the coming weekend, but hope to have something by next week.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Good News: I've found and fixed the errors
    Bad News: It didn't make it into RC4, which is about to be released, since we need some more testing. (I needed to modify the BASS Audio Player)

but it'll be in the final version of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom