One Button Random Music? (3 Viewers)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    New Version will appear soon in Download Area.

1. AutoShuffle Playlist Option is used, when set in the Music Playlist options

2. Config Dialogue now has a second Tab, where you can assign simple condition to every numeric button of the remote (0 - 9)
    Selection is possible for "Genre", "AlbumArtist" and "Artist"

e.g. on Button 1 i have "Genre" -> "Christmas", so my wife can play all our christmas sings wit one touch.

Just specify the value you want to search, the pugin will append the necessary sql search pattern.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This sounds great, I can't wait! I'm checking the download plugin page, but the update isn't there yet.....hurry, hurry ;0)

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the update!! I am wondering if the issues with the remote are fixed though? I saw that you said they will be in the final version so im not sure if that means the final version of MP or the .dll

Thanks again

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    New Version will appear soon in Download Area.

1. AutoShuffle Playlist Option is used, when set in the Music Playlist options

2. Config Dialogue now has a second Tab, where you can assign simple condition to every numeric button of the remote (0 - 9)
    Selection is possible for "Genre", "AlbumArtist" and "Artist"

e.g. on Button 1 i have "Genre" -> "Christmas", so my wife can play all our christmas sings wit one touch.

Just specify the value you want to search, the pugin will append the necessary sql search pattern.

This works great. Just one comment.....Is it possible to auto shuffle the playlist when option 2 is used? Eg when I assign numeric button 1 to be "Dance" I get my dance tracks but they are added as whole albums at a time and so I get a lot by the same artist one after the other.

In the config, maybe you could have a check box next to each numeric button for the option to randomise that playlist? Just a thought.

Otherwise, this is a brilliant plugin and should be added to the final release!!

Cheers,
    Colin

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the update!! I am wondering if the issues with the remote are fixed though? I saw that you said they will be in the final version so im not sure if that means the final version of MP or the .dll

Thanks again

No not working properly for me but hopefully in next svn?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This plug-in is a Great idea!

Is there a way to assign different playlists to the numbers? I usually don't play by genre because my collection is so varied and the genre tags aren't consistent. It's much less frustrating to make playlists than play by genre. Sometimes I'd just rather listen to my movie soundtracks that are not filled with mind numbing hard-rock, but the genre tags don't differentiate. Or want to combine Ethnic, World and Celtic genres together.

Thanks!

:)

Chuck

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey, this is great, thanks.

I do have one strange issue though, not sure if it is affecting anyone else.
    I'm using the version I downloaded two days ago with a clean RC4.

It's configured to play a random song from my library. When I press play, a song starts as it is supposed to. All good.
    Then, if I press the skip button on my MCE when the first song is playing, the next song starts, but the first song keeps playing.
    Whenever I press skip, all works as supposed to, with the new song skipping to the next, but the original is still playing.
    The stop button stops the later songs, but the only way to stop the first song is to play a movie or some other video file.

Is this just me or can anyone replicate?

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it right that I cannot see the playlist or the "playing now" of the 100 random songs? I only can hear them ;)

nicx...

btw: grat plugin so far, but without remote-fix I cannot use it ;)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    This plug-in is a Great idea!

Is there a way to assign different playlists to the numbers? I usually don't play by genre because my collection is so varied and the genre tags aren't consistent. It's much less frustrating to make playlists than play by genre. Sometimes I'd just rather listen to my movie soundtracks that are not filled with mind numbing hard-rock, but the genre tags don't differentiate. Or want to combine Ethnic, World and Celtic genres together.

Thanks!

:)

Chuck

Don't you have your movie soundtracks tagged as soundtrack in the MP3 genre? You could use an autotag program and tag by directory or album. Its pretty quick. MediaMonkey is good for that and also auto tagging all parts of the ID3 tag and even album art. There are probably many other tagging software which does the same. Its worth doing in the long run....

Is it right that I cannot see the playlist or the "playing now" of the 100 random songs? I only can hear them ;)

nicx...

btw: grat plugin so far, but without remote-fix I cannot use it ;)

My remote is working fine (iMon remote). Do you have the latest version? Also, you can go to My Music and "Current playlist" to see the 100 random songs and to the "Now playing" to see that screen too.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom