One Button Random Music? (1 Viewer)

ewms

Portal Member
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to install OneButtonMusic, but it doesn't show up in configuration.
The installer says that it has been installed correctly under folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process.
But if I open this folder there is no file OneButtonMusic.dll.
There is no OneButtonMusic.dll on my whole system.

FYI: This is a german Windows Vista so this folders name is
C:\cProgramme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process (don't know if this matters).

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    shouldn't matter if it is german or not. i have also a german windows version here.
    you could simply extract the dll from the mpe file.
    it is like a zip file.

ewms

Portal Member
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Never mind, I got it working. Had to run the ExtenIsion Installer as Administrator.

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    Any chance you can add a fairly simple feature that would solve a big problem for me. I have all my music in one folder trouble is I also have my podcasts directory in the same music folder. When I One Button Music selects 10 random albums it often pick some podcasts (because there are so many) to play which i don't want to happen. Could you add a regular expression type filter to exclude certain directories when it comes to selecting. If there is an alternative method of achieving the same result could some one please let me know.

Cheers

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    Thanks for the suggestion but wouldn't I have to rate all my music somehow or at a minimum rate all my podcasts and what about new podcasts as they are downloaded - I'd have to remember to rate them as they come through? A filter would work nicely especially if I could specify multiple regex's to exclude filenames, or particular artists , I could also exclude my kids music which i have stored in the same spot.

Thanks again

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes that's right. you can prob get tools / scripts that will monitor a directory and assign a genre / rating automatically.
    atlernatively a 3rd party tool could regularly auto create a playlist based on directories then you could use that with one button music.

but yes all suboptimal, but could work.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi
    Thanks for the suggestion but wouldn't I have to rate all my music somehow or at a minimum rate all my podcasts and what about new podcasts as they are downloaded - I'd have to remember to rate them as they come through? A filter would work nicely especially if I could specify multiple regex's to exclude filenames, or particular artists , I could also exclude my kids music which i have stored in the same spot.
    Thanks again

Would you like to have the exclusion on folder name or on Tag Value?

if you use a specific button for feeding the music, i think you could use Genre != 'Podcast'

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    I don't really mind to be honest. If it wasn't too hard could yo make all the variable from the tags available like %genre% or %artist% along with the folder name - that would be brilliant. That way I could exclude my kids music by artists as well.

Cheers and thanks for providing the plugin in the first place, its appreciated.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are looking at the plugin again, have a quick glance over random tracks with tag > 1 star. It will often create a list with the same track more than once in the random playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom