One Button Random Music? (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Thanks for the plugin! It works great with the 1.1 RC3.

But I'm missing hardly one feature: set a amount of number of songs to load into the playlist on the numeric buttons page for each entry (each entry because I listen audio books which have different duration from 20min to 1hour per track). (something like you plan to do for the smart playlist), because I use it when going to sleep and I don't want to listen the whole night (it probably affects my sleep hehe).

I did not found any sleep timer which just stops playback, and it would require more than one button press, and it would stop mostly in the middle of an audio book.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really like the play random songs with rating >1 , but have you given any more thought towards a smart random playlist generator?

ie. A track with rating = 5 is 5x more likely to be played than a track with rating = 1, A track with rating = 3 is 3x more likely to be played than a track with rating = 1, etc.

The Smart playlist could have the following options
    1. Minimun track rating? (0-5)
    2. How important is track rating? (0-5)
    3. How important is time since last played (0-5)

vetlel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,
    I'm playing around with mp again and just installed the my lyrics plugin, hence my question:

Is it possible to make onebutton music jump to the my lyrics screen, when it starts playing?
    Ideally for me would be to have the lyrics implemented in the nowplaying screen, but my possibilities only go so far...

TIA

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2009
    Great plugin. one request though....

Is there a way to specify th maximum number of tracks to add to a playlist when using autoplay (ie. pressing the play button on the hom screen or after XX seconds of inactivity). Right now it loads in about 10 pages of songs...would prefer to specify to support better jukebox / party functionality.

thanks!!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I have been using this wonderful plugin for some time now, really like it, :D a lot for those of you who have put some hard work into it.
    However I have an issue with this plugin when it comes to handling my music collection which is on a network share. This PC that shares my music can go into standby and therefor is sometimes unreachable. In this case when I press play on home this plugin will try to play all the files which it has generated a playlist for and will fail on every single one (logically). This behaviour is kind of annoying though since it will show a popup hundreds of times until it tried all songs in the playlist.
    I would be really glad if there was some smart handling in this situation, for example;

- Ideal in my situation would be sending a WOL packet after 5 fails then sleep for X seconds (I need about 20 to power up I think) and then try playing again. This would be ideal for me but I can imagine not many users will be using this feature
    - If a directory path is offline try this path 4 more times and then reject it as unreachable (directory path could be the share name or some top level dir)
    - If 10 items fail to play just stop and don't try playing the rest
    - just try playing all songs in the generated playlist but in this case it would be nice to have one popup instead of tons. So it accumalates the fails in that box.
    - or just have an option not to show fail dialog, in this case maybe log the errors (if not already done so, not sure)

I searched a bit through this thread and didn't find anything so I assume this is not known, or known but no fix provided.

Would be really appreciated over here if this gets fixed.in any more usable way :D

---EDIT---
    Not searched for it yet but if there's source available I might take a crack @ the whole WOL thing myself. Kinda need to brush up on my dotNet (Csharp and also looking for some delphi things todo. The delphi is mostly work orientated ;))

---EDIT2---
    Got it

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Found a solution to my problem involving some eventghost actions and network receiver/sender plugin.
    If anyone's interested I can write a small how-to

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi,
    I've been using this fantastic plugin for a few months now. But I'm having one small problem. When I press the play button on my remote, it generates a song collection of 100 songs. Great. Now I added the numeric values on the remote. Configured for 1, 2 and 3. Press 1, and it generates like it should be, but it only plays the first songs and stops. When I look at the playlist it generates, all the songs are there, but playes only the first one.
    The version number is 2.0.0.0
    Any idea?

jdark

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    AW: One Button Random Music?

i would like to configure for 0 - 9 keys shoutcast online radio instead of local mp3 tracks. Would it be possible? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom