One of two TT S2-3200 card's sometimes shows "No signal" (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: One of two TT S2-3200 card's sometimes shows "No signal"

At the weekend i did a lot of tests and configuration changes. I end up with an order of a TBS 6981 tuner and hopefully resolve all prolems with the new card. What i did is:
    -Removing one card -> tvservcer works normal, no matter which card is inserted.
    -With both card's -> one card shows no signal.
    -Installed "Argus" as tvserver -> both card's are usable with no problems. But with this configuration, standby handling isn't really good.

So i gave up at this point because i need a stable system and my wife also. Furthermore it seems no one have an idea where the problem is.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

So here i'm back again.
    I feel like throwing my system out of the window. The new TBS 6981 didn't work in my pc. I wasn't able to receive the vertical high range with this card. No matter what i did, even with DVBViewer the card didn't work. So i revert back to my two Technotrend card's and wait what happens.

Please help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi netexplorer

I'd really like to try and help you. I've had a look at your earlier logs and it is clear that there are problems, however it is difficult to identify exactly what you are concerned about. What would *really* help is short fresh logs with an explanation of what happened, including times.

Also, have you tried using the "DVBS" network provider? Check the "preferred network provider" setting -->here<--.

mm

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I noticed that the Mediacenter receiver service was started. Do you think this service may influence my stability? I have set it to "Disabled" now and activate it in mediportal 3rd party checks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I doubt it unless you have configured WMC, which would enable it to use your tuners for grabbing EPG.

mm

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there,

in the last day's, i'm fighting with several problems after the many test's and configuration settings. The tvservice was really unstable and crashes every day, so i decided to revert the system back to my last image. Now it seems more stable. Actually i'm waiting for the issue happen again, but maybe after disabling the Mediacenter receiver service i haven't seen it. So i hope that's it.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    yesterday the problem bother me again. So i test something again:

1. Second tuner couldn't tune to any channel from TVServer configuration manual controll. First tuner works normal.

2. I start DVBViewer in PiP mode with two channels on different transponders, so both tuners have to be used. This works without any problem.

3. Then try to tune the second tuner in TVServer config to a channel, but the message "No signal" was still shown.

4. Now i restart tvservice and after that, both tuner works normal again.

So this is definitely a Mediaportal problem!

ikke

Portal Member
    April 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I have the same problem when using 2 Technotrend DVB s2 3200 cards. I ended up with 2 TV servers on 2 seperate machines. I'm also interested in a solution.

I use Mediaportal 1.2.3 in a multiseat environment.

Ikke

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will write a script to restart the service after wakeup and upload this here.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have an issue too but i use a S2-3600 (USB) and i can see 2 issues (with DVBViewer all is ok).
    I can't tune few channel from start or after restart TVService.
    Sometimes i have "No signal" message on channel1, i must tune another channel on TP or on another SAT and i can tune the channel1.

For sure DVBViewer works correctly. I didn't collect log yet and i post here even it's not the same card.

Seb.

Ps : i have the above issues in normal use (i mean my server didn't go in standby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom