Ongoing Development Thread for 1.0.0 [now closed] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Hi Inker,

if that helps you any, today I started watching the episode, and after I stopped it, it returned to the view of the episodes. Before that, the logo shown on the row where you highlight the episode was normal, afterwards it's squashed (it looks like it would get squashed horizontally and seems to take 30% of the whole space assigned for the logo)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    - Fixed: Views can now be renamed/enabled/disabled again (whole thing rewritten) - Will need to configure again
    This is fixed

- Fixed: if no Language Selected in configuration, Banners would get downloaded Twice
    Since this is in English by default, is there any reason not to default selection to English?

- Hopefully fixed: Missing labels showing where Views are named (shot in the dark really)
    Looks like you did it champ! Hopefully gone for good.

- Added: Import/Export of personal Logo Rules
    - Removed: MsgBox upon Copying logo rule to Clipboard
    Works well, much appreciated

I cannot reproduce the weird logos when toggling the "view only local files" option inside MP. Anyone? I need a very concrete step by step to reproduce (eg. exactly what series/episode and what logo rules are active and which of these are positive on the file(s) in question).
    From the quick confidence testing I have done this morning I could not reproduce. will have a more in depth test later tonight.

Thanks,
    Damien

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're my personal hero!!! :D

- Fixed: Null Reference on Episode Selection if skin does not have seperate Episode Image control exposed resulting in non display of any data (including title/description)
    This means that the weird error occured while my B2W-skin doesn't handle the episode image in an explicit way?

- Fixed: Views can now be renamed/enabled/disabled again (whole thing rewritten) - Will need to configure again
    Works fine inside MP. Little bit buggy in configuration.

- Fixed: if no Language Selected in configuration, Banners would get downloaded Twice
    See it the same way as ltfearme. Set English as default.

- Hopefully fixed: Missing labels showing where Views are named (shot in the dark really)
    Didn't occur anymore. :)

- Fixed: non-localized Season banner would not get assigned on import if localized Series banner is available
    Yessss! :)

Export says "watched flags" instead of "logo rules"... ;)

There is a bit of a bigger issue with imports that I discovered having to do with some of the streamlining of the SQL I mentioned earlier. I'll concentrate on this tomorrow.
    Can you explain this a bit more? I cannot remember what the issue was...

And there I was foolishly thinking 1.0 would be close.....
    Naa... almost near! I'll stop requesting new features from now on till 1.0... at least I try to... :D

Great work!!!

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wondering if it would be possible to add a "set all as watched" option for a whole season as well as the series? If it's already there, I'm missing it. Thanks for the great work you are doing.:)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi Inker,

if that helps you any, today I started watching the episode, and after I stopped it, it returned to the view of the episodes. Before that, the logo shown on the row where you highlight the episode was normal, afterwards it's squashed (it looks like it would get squashed horizontally and seems to take 30% of the whole space assigned for the logo)

What happens is the logoengine returns not the first logo/ep image like its supposed to, but all logos that match for the item (episode). It only uses 30% of the space because of the way logos are put next to on another into a single image resource, leaving parts of the right side transparent depening on the overall aspect ratio and number of logos to display.
    But, it shouldn't happen anymore. I changed a bit still in the logos engine yesterday, not specifically to this, but it might just take care of that one weird occurance. If you def. still have it with yesterdays build, please see how exactly it is reproducable. Switching the view only local files option ,or watching and stopping an episode, as was described before, does not show this behaviour for me.

Since this is in English by default, is there any reason not to default selection to English?
    It does assume english now.

Looks like you did it champ! Hopefully gone for good.
    Good, because otherwise I would have had no idea.

- Fixed: Null Reference on Episode Selection if skin does not have seperate Episode Image control exposed resulting in non display of any data (including title/description)
    This means that the weird error occured while my B2W-skin doesn't handle the episode image in an explicit way?
    Yes, I forgot a check. If you still get null reference maybe I forgot another one, but I checked and I think we're good.

Please explain how it is buggy inside configuration.

Export says "watched flags" instead of "logo rules"... ;)
    Really?....guess I was sloppy again :-(

There is a bit of a bigger issue with imports that I discovered having to do with some of the streamlining of the SQL I mentioned earlier. I'll concentrate on this tomorrow.
    Do you really want to know? :)
    Upon importing from within MP the select call to get unknown series incorrectly used a newly introduced std. call which automatically sets common conditions, subqueries and joins depening on current settings. This has the big advantage of selects for display managing themselves (such as series not containing any local episodes automatically not being selected if the option is set), but can cause newly discovered series not being picked up from the local db if using this call, causing them not being looked up online in this cause. I started to correct this last night for series, however I suspect it'll be the same for seasons/episodes also causing them not being discovered during imports. BTW it should work fine in configuration, this only affects imports inside MP, and even there I think manually forced local scans should be fine. Basically I just have to go in and manually set an additional parameter on the gets used for imports.

Inker

PS: folks please reserve this thread to bug reports and discussions of issues/features specifically with current svn builds. Any other general questions, please open your own thread or better yet, use the search function to see if a thread already exists. Not only does it make this thread easier to read, it also makes your question more visible and more likely to receive an answer. Furthermore, with a new stable build this thread will be locked, and a new one opened for further development. Thank you.

karamellz

Portal Member
    May 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Inker,

What happens is the logoengine returns not the first logo/ep image like its supposed to, but all logos that match for the item (episode). It only uses 30% of the space because of the way logos are put next to on another into a single image resource, leaving parts of the right side transparent depening on the overall aspect ratio and number of logos to display.
    But, it shouldn't happen anymore. I changed a bit still in the logos engine yesterday, not specifically to this, but it might just take care of that one weird occurance. If you def. still have it with yesterdays build, please see how exactly it is reproducable. Switching the view only local files option ,or watching and stopping an episode, as was described before, does not show this behaviour for me.

This phenomena appears for me when I have an existing series (let's say with XviD files). Then I add one or more episodes with a totally new filetype (like MP4). When these episodes are added to the DB and I go into the TVSeries menu inside MP, only the new episodes with the new filetype/codec have squashed icons. However, this is fixed whenever I restart MP and never occurs again (unless I add a new filetype again). This means that I have seen this 3 times so far, which definetly is nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd add this so maybe you get a better overview of the problem.

Thanks for the incredible effort you're putting into this!

Karamellz~

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I forgot a check. If you still get null reference maybe I forgot another one, but I checked and I think we're good.
    No more erros in the log.

Please explain how it is buggy inside configuration.
    Just wanted to test it today again. Was a little bit late for me yesterday. After another test the following behaviour could be watched:
    1) Start config with clean plugin database.
    2) Go to views. -> Disable "Channels"
    3) Got to other panel -> Set language to German.
    4) Import files. Set other non-important stuff up.
    5) Start MP -> Got to plugin. The views are loaded and translated correctly. "Channels/Sender" isn't shown.
    6) Go back to config -> Go to views.
    7) All views are translated in the left part except the previous disabled "Channels". This is still in English. Each clicked translated view leads to selection of the "All/Alle" view on the right side. En/Disabling is always set for the "All/Alle" view if you change anything. Only the untranslated "Channels" works correctly. See attached screen.

Really?....guess I was sloppy again :-(
    Really. :sorry:

Do you really want to know? :)
    Upon importing from within MP the select call to get unknown series incorrectly used a newly introduced std. call which automatically sets common conditions, subqueries and joins depening on [...] BTW it should work fine in configuration, this only affects imports inside MP, and even there I think manually forced local scans should be fine. Basically I just have to go in and manually set an additional parameter on the gets used for imports.
    Aha.... did I really ask :D? Since I don't use the on-the-fly importing inside MP, I cannot say anything about that. The SQL-stuff is some fancy MP-interface for SQLite?

I recovered another issue yesterday (*looksforsomegoodplacetohide* :D):
    I installed the new build on my HTPC and I tried the "Select series automatically" feature for the first time, since I don't want to wait for the import. It seems that he just doesn't select a match if there are translations available. For example my "Alias" episodes are named "Alias - SxEE - Title.ext". He then showed up the selection dialog where I then selected "Alias - Die Agentin". Shouldn't this be automatically selected, too?

Best regards
    G.B.

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have all series and season banners downloaded twice. For one set the naming starts with "-lang-" and the other set starts with "-lang7-". Which should I keep?

The language I use is English!

Thanks
    nylonhof

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Got some bugs for you..

1. If "show only episodes with matching local file" is checked all shows magically disappear. In configuration and in MP (except Latest page for some reason).

2. The views (Latest/All/Unwatched/Favorites) are shown in inverse order.
    < All - [Unwatched] - Favorites >
    If I press left I would get "Favorites view" and right I would get "All view".

Well that's all for me now. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom