Ongoing Development Thread for 1.0.0 [now closed] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Inker, I actually spoke a little too soon about my past problems being solved. Even though the setting for 'Show only episodes with matching local file' now works. When the property is toggled within Media Portal the issue I reported earlier still occurs where all the logos get compressed into the thumbnail.

Also a few other issues...

* I noticed that on my Vista machine (using MP 0.2.3 RC1) and latest SVN TV-Series plugin I get an Exception when entering the configuration.

This occurs because its looking for the language files in the ConfigDir, being C:\ProgramData\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\Language in this case. On my setup they reside in the ApplicationDir, so to resolve this I copied the files across from Program Files folder. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the plugin or Media Portal. Does media portal read the ConfigDir to resolve the Language directory?

* In the Configuration page for Views, when you disable a 'View' by unchecking the 'Enabled' check box it sometimes doesn't work
    1. Click on 'Genres' View
    2. Uncheck the 'enabled' property
    3. Click on the 'All' View
    4. Click back on 'Genres'.
    You will notice that sometimes the check box for enabled is checked when it should be unchecked. (This is a very minor issue but can be annoying sometimes) Note: you may need to start with a clean DB to reproduce.

* When resuming from system standby, my system takes me back to home. When I enter 'My TV Series' again, the captions for the Views read 'Missing Label!'. I think this is seen in other circumstances as well but this only happens for me in this scenario.

Damien

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So... I just tested the current version on my regular machine. One thing I should mention is that I'm not using the 0.2.3RC1. I'm still on an older 0.2.2SVN release...

* All the information about each episode (title, plot...) are missing. It only shows the series data.

-> Simply cannot confirm that one, please retest
    Restested and the data is still missing. See attached screen.

* After watching a show in MP and going back the view navigator at the bottom only says "Missing text" in stead of the correct views. There are also the title and gerne missing. Only description is shown. On my HTPC it doesn't show any information after returning from play.

-> That cost me 2 hours of pulling my hair out, and I still don't understand it, but its working now! The missing text where the views are named I don't know yet.
    This still happens when I come the first time from watching an episode. Switching to another view fills the missing strings correctly and the error doesn't occur again.

* Episode information disappears after playing an episode and returning
    -> Fixed
    I still get no episode information, but this seems to be an error in the refreshing of the area.

* The config-tool doesn't automatically select a season banner if there are non-english main banners, but only english season banners. If there aren't any non-english main banners it correctly used non-english season banners, too.

-> Not sure yet, do you have a concrete series where this is the case so its easier for me to test. (Also I assume you use german?)
    Tested again and as I said... it happens for all my shows with german main banners and english season banners.

* Disabling a view in the config doesn't disable it in MP anymore.

-> Your right, seems broken. Probably something to do with the Auto Translation.
    I went deeper into this issue as I just read ltfearme notices and came to the following:
    * The config doesn't save the first change of en-/disabling a view. So:
    1) Click "Channels"
    2) Unmark enabled
    3) Click another view
    4) Click "Channels" => enabled again
    5) Unmark enabled again
    6) Click another view
    7) Click "Channels" => now still disabled
    * No matter what you select... the view is enabled in MP.
    * It'd be nice if you'd use the translated view titles in the config, too.

Here are some screens of the missing episode informations, which I think is some kind of refresh error thing.

Screen 1: Went from MP main menu to "my TV Series" -> All -> Alias. Still shows the series information from the page before.

Screen 2: Started playback of episode -> right click -> previews window -> topbar -> stop playback. Now nothing in the info area and missing view strings.

Screen 3: Pressed right key -> select episode of Andromeda. No change of banners and no info. The ep. thumb is shown. The strings of the view aren't missing anymore.

Screen 4: Started Andromeda episode -> right click -> previous window. No episode information, but correct images.

Screen 5: Switching from the (disabled) channel view via left key to the all view. Now the previous channel box is still shown and now images are loaded.

=> Looks like the main info are is just not refreshed correctly.

Best regards and good luck on bug hunt
    G.B.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hello Inker,

I can also confirm that local files option works fine, but of course "fetch episodes for the whole series" needs to be enabled as well.

Well, either that or the user deleted a file from the harddisk that was previously indexed.

Hi Inker, I actually spoke a little too soon about my past problems being solved. Even though the setting for 'Show only episodes with matching local file' now works. When the property is toggled within Media Portal the issue I reported earlier still occurs where all the logos get compressed into the thumbnail.
    OK, I'll look into it agai, should be a minor thing really.
    Also a few other issues...

* I noticed that on my Vista machine (using MP 0.2.3 RC1) and latest SVN TV-Series plugin I get an Exception when entering the configuration.

This occurs because its looking for the language files in the ConfigDir, being C:\ProgramData\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\Language in this case. On my setup they reside in the ApplicationDir, so to resolve this I copied the files across from Program Files folder. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the plugin or Media Portal. Does media portal read the ConfigDir to resolve the Language directory?
    Hmm, it should look into whatever folder MP uses....but actually looks like zeflash changed that back to being hardcoded. I'll fix this.
    * In the Configuration page for Views, when you disable a 'View' by unchecking the 'Enabled' check box it sometimes doesn't work
    1. Click on 'Genres' View
    2. Uncheck the 'enabled' property
    3. Click on the 'All' View
    4. Click back on 'Genres'.
    You will notice that sometimes the check box for enabled is checked when it should be unchecked. (This is a very minor issue but can be annoying sometimes) Note: you may need to start with a clean DB to reproduce.
    Thnx for the detailed report, I think however all it is is it not using the translations inside config and thus not setting the properties right, I guess it just gets confused. Should be easy.
    * When resuming from system standby, my system takes me back to home. When I enter 'My TV Series' again, the captions for the Views read 'Missing Label!'. I think this is seen in other circumstances as well but this only happens for me in this scenario.
    Perhaps (I hope) its the same issue that caused the title etc not shown when coming back from fullscreen and redrawing the page, just looks different because they are different control types. If not then it'll be hard because it never happens to me so it'll be hard to debug.

So... I just tested the current version on my regular machine. One thing I should mention is that I'm not using the 0.2.3RC1. I'm still on an older 0.2.2SVN release...
    Well I use an older SVN still on my htpc too.
    * All the information about each episode (title, plot...) are missing. It only shows the series data.

-> Simply cannot confirm that one, please retest
    Restested and the data is still missing. See attached screen.
    That one def. works for me. Do you have any exceptions in the log?
    * After watching a show in MP and going back the view navigator at the bottom only says "Missing text" in stead of the correct views. There are also the title and gerne missing. Only description is shown. On my HTPC it doesn't show any information after returning from play.

-> That cost me 2 hours of pulling my hair out, and I still don't understand it, but its working now! The missing text where the views are named I don't know yet.
    This still happens when I come the first time from watching an episode. Switching to another view fills the missing strings correctly and the error doesn't occur again.
    Weird, it def. works for me the first time and any time after. Perhaps the same issue you have with it generally not refreshing very well?
    * Episode information disappears after playing an episode and returning
    -> Fixed
    I still get no episode information, but this seems to be an error in the refreshing of the area.
    See above.
    * The config-tool doesn't automatically select a season banner if there are non-english main banners, but only english season banners. If there aren't any non-english main banners it correctly used non-english season banners, too.

-> Not sure yet, do you have a concrete series where this is the case so its easier for me to test. (Also I assume you use german?)
    Tested again and as I said... it happens for all my shows with german main banners and english season banners.
    Well, not suprisingly, I haven't looked into it yet ;-)
    * Disabling a view in the config doesn't disable it in MP anymore.

-> Your right, seems broken. Probably something to do with the Auto Translation.
    I went deeper into this issue as I just read ltfearme notices and came to the following:
    * The config doesn't save the first change of en-/disabling a view. So:
    1) Click "Channels"
    2) Unmark enabled
    3) Click another view
    4) Click "Channels" => enabled again
    5) Unmark enabled again
    6) Click another view
    7) Click "Channels" => now still disabled
    * No matter what you select... the view is enabled in MP.
    * It'd be nice if you'd use the translated view titles in the config, too.
    See above

G.B. Wolf, could you try with 2.3 RC1 to see if you still have all those refreshing issues? Nobody else seems to suffer from it (me included) and I'm kinda clueless. Just install to a diff. directory and backup ur current install if your not comfortable with making the upgrade.

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe... I should have taken a look at MediaPortal.log earlier... here a cutoff from the starting of the plugin.

Code:
    2007-06-26 15:19:04.656250 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 50
    2007-06-26 15:19:04.906250 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.TVSeriesPlugin.Episode_OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.TVSeriesPlugin.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)
    This doesn't look that friendly... ^^

Slayers83

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Episode Thumbnail

Hi to all, i've a question:

this plugin grab automatically the episode thumbnail from tv-zsori website?
    How to add a episode screenshot? The manual procedure... (save image as...) from the website is boring! 24 images for series!!! :eek: )

:D

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    If the episode has assigned screenshots on thetvdb.com it will get downloaded automatically.
    See the screenshot in my system cap.
    Of course you need to use the latest version of the plugin.

Slayers83

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, i'm using latest version of mediaportal 0.2.3.0 and latest version of this plugin and spinsafe revolve!

But... i don't see the episode thumbnails (for example LOST, 24, or Prison Break...)... which settings i must put?
    On thetvdb.com the thumbnails there are...

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Hmmm.. That's weird. I have thumbnails for almost all Lost episodes.
    Maybe delete the series from the local DB (via configuration just press del on the series) and try to rescan it?
    Oh, and of course I use latest Spinsafe Revolve.

Erez

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Updated Hebrew Translation (UTF-8 Encoded).
    How can I configure the plugin to use the translation?
    You have to put the translation into "MediaPortal/Language/MP-TVSeries" and select in in the plugin configuration on the page "MediaPortal Display Control" (upper right... "Language" select field). :)

:D

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    New build:

- Fixed: Issue with dynmic logosfilenames if field required split (eg Genres) where split values where not trimmed resulting in logofile not found
    - Fixed: Null Reference on Episode Selection if skin does not have seperate Episode Image control exposed resulting in non display of any data (including title/description)
    - Fixed: Views can now be renamed/enabled/disabled again (whole thing rewritten) - Will need to configure again
    - Fixed: if no Language Selected in configuration, Banners would get downloaded Twice
    - Hopefully fixed: Missing labels showing where Views are named (shot in the dark really)
    - Fixed: non-localized Season banner would not get assigned on import if localized Series banner is available
    - Changed: Window asking for selection if a new series is unknown/cant be matched automatically will not appear while not inside the main plugin screen anymore
    - Added: Import/Export of personal Logo Rules
    - Removed: MsgBox upon Copying logo rule to Clipboard

I cannot reproduce the weird logos when toggling the "view only local files" option inside MP. Anyone? I need a very concrete step by step to reproduce (eg. exactly what series/episode and what logo rules are active and which of these are positve on the file(s) in question).
    Haven't looked into the Vista problem yet.

There is a bit of a bigger issue with imports that I discovered having to do with some of the streamlining of the SQL I mentioned earlier. I'll concentrate on this tomorrow. And there I was foolishly thinking 1.0 would be close.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom