OnlineVideos 1.9.0.0 [2014/09/7] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, did you close the configuration while adding it through the Site Creation tool and reopen Config afterwards? The SiteCreation tool edits the xml directly.
    Yes, that is what I did, including saving.

It is also not the recommended way to add a site that already exists - use the sitemanager within MediaPortal for that ;)

If adding from within mediaportal is the preferred method, the site creation tool should not have that option.
    Especially when the site creation tool does not work correctly. It is unclear for new users.

Are you talking about the SiteParser?
    Because that one does not save to xml (at least, last time I checked :) ) and it's not intended for novice users

musi

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2011
    Since 1 or 2 weeks we do not have any Sound on any online Videos at all.

System: MP 1.4 (still because of My Films and FanArt); all PlugIns UpToDate
    Windows 7 64 bit
    AMD Radeon R9 200 with 2 GB RAM
    4 GB RAM (System)

When I do a test on Online Videos all is OK, Sound and Videos. But if I start a Video in MP with online Videos I get no Sound on ALL Videos. Not only Youtube and not only with HD.

TV/Radio/Videos/My Films and online Radio are working fine. Also System Sound and so on. Just no Sound at all in Online Videos. In the time between working and not working, there was no Update I can remember... but it does not work any more :)

In this Forum I read about having Problems only in YouTube and with HD Videos but here all of them are quiet.

gfa

Portal Member
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    YouTube clips that are HD and have fmt numbers above 100 won't have sound in OV. The streaming format is new and not yet fully supported by OV as the audio track is separate. this was discussed in a different thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/no-full-hd-videos-on-youtube.122607/

It started as HD not available, I added those new formats, but they have no audio for now. If I remove the formats again I guess then many people will ask about no HD again. It's a circle.

Wouldn't a flashplayer solve this for the meantime? I don't really understand the situation so don't shoot me. I'm looking at a way to play some swf files and as far as I know mp can't play them.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, did you close the configuration while adding it through the Site Creation tool and reopen Config afterwards? The SiteCreation tool edits the xml directly.
    Yes, that is what I did, including saving.

It is also not the recommended way to add a site that already exists - use the sitemanager within MediaPortal for that ;)

If adding from within mediaportal is the preferred method, the site creation tool should not have that option.
    Especially when the site creation tool does not work correctly. It is unclear for new users.

Are you talking about the SiteParser?
    Because that one does not save to xml (at least, last time I checked :) ) and it's not intended for novice users

No, I'm talking about the global import method. The one which downloads the site from somewhere.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just read that a new version of LAV is out, and one of the improvements is:
    • Added support for reporting the stream bitrate through IBitrateInfo (for MPC-HC et al.)

Is that of possible interest so that the bitrate-detection of the video can be improved? (Perhaps save some calls to mediainfo)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are only using MediaInfo on the Stream to detect the FPS so we can change the DisplayRefreshRate. The bitrate is not really of any use to us ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to add watched status (%) to the downloaded videos in Online Videos so we can resume them or just get a watched/unwatched status like in the other video playback plugins in MePo?

Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom