OnlineVideos 1.9.0.0 [2014/09/7] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Edit: Scratch that, the site works again after removing the old filter and using the iptv & url splitter :) Curious though, when I have a stream playing (chunked & high) I'm seeing 4-5 second input lag in MePo. Not noticed that before with Youtube etc?
    If you mean HLS, than input lag is probably OK, because stream is divided into parts and first must be part downloaded, processed and after that can be sent for playback. But you can still attach OnlineVideos.log and MPUrlSourceSplitter.log files for analysis (preferably only with problematic video).

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey, yes this is HLS on the Twitch Online Videos site. It seems to happen on all random streams I choose. I've played back a stream, backed out so the stream is playing in the PIP window and navigated the Online Videos menus. 4-5 second lag moving the cursor around. Also in the 30 seconds I had the stream playing, I have over a 1mb log file (I noticed when I cleared out the logs prior to the test there was a 7mb log file from my previous test..).

It doesn't happen with the youtube or amazon instant site in OV. Play back is nice though just sat watching the stream (y)

For info, my system specs are up to date, it's not a low powered PC I'm using. 80/20mb fibre optic, Raid 0 SSDs, 8GB ram 8GB ram disk, 6 core processor and a reasonable graphics card with LAV using cuda.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @TheBatfink
    How are you able to add the twitch site again in OV?
    I can't see it anymore since it is reported as broken. :(

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @TheBatfink
    How are you able to add the twitch site again in OV?
    I can't see it anymore since it is reported as broken. :(

Yes offbyone marked it when they changed to HLS which wasn't currently supported (I guess it still isn't if you don't use the newest url splitter + iptv filter). I tend to delete out all sites in MePo/OV config I don't use so I just went back to the plugin config via MePo config and added the site back using the global repository option. Then it's there and available when you fire MePo back up? I didn't have to configure anything else..

@offbyone What would be really cool is the ability to login and see favourites etc. like youtube (y) I rarely just scan random streams, usually specific youtubers streams I watch. Also there is non-live content on Twitch which isn't viewable in the site I think yes?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hey, yes this is HLS on the Twitch Online Videos site. It seems to happen on all random streams I choose. I've played back a stream, backed out so the stream is playing in the PIP window and navigated the Online Videos menus. 4-5 second lag moving the cursor around. Also in the 30 seconds I had the stream playing, I have over a 1mb log file (I noticed when I cleared out the logs prior to the test there was a 7mb log file from my previous test..).

It doesn't happen with the youtube or amazon instant site in OV. Play back is nice though just sat watching the stream (y)

For info, my system specs are up to date, it's not a low powered PC I'm using. 80/20mb fibre optic, Raid 0 SSDs, 8GB ram 8GB ram disk, 6 core processor and a reasonable graphics card with LAV using cuda.

Thanks!
    Few strange things found in log, I need to investigate them.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tend to delete out all sites in MePo/OV config I don't use so I just went back to the plugin config via MePo config and added the site back using the global repository option.

Thats what I did but I can not see the site inside MediaPortal. Is this because it is reported as broken?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    If I look in the sites overview there is a site called SRF, this site isn't enabled by default. You can enable it either inside OnlineVideos in the manage sites view or add it in OnlineVideos configuration.

Edit: forgot to quote. ping @rsbrux
    Thx, that works!
    However, the resolution is much lower than what I get through a browser (Firefox).
    Furthermore, I only find the productions SRF itself. In a browser, I can also get the programs they have purchased from others (e.g. Revenge).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom