Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. Copied the files and used Youtube again. Logs attached. Basically every single menu item in youtube site gives an error, I tried 3 here. Thanks for checking this out!

Thanks - there is an error response from the youtube server, and my code tried to parse it - that is where the error happens ;) Most likely they changed the format of the error response. I added a log message with the entire reposonse. Can you replace the two files again and run again. This time the OnlineVideos.log should hold the info I need to parse to show the correct error message.

Might be something simply about your youtube account in the error msg ;)

Attachments

• obo.zip
      672.1 KB

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Moved files and tried My Subscriptions, Top Rated and Film & Animation. Thanks again :)

I checked out the log and see the NoLinkedYoutubedAccount. This is strange as I have been using Youtube via OV for quite some time - I haven''t changed anything. The only thing I can think of of note is that I log in with my Google email and password, but I have a second account within this one which I use youtube as. This holds all my subscriptions (the other has my full name as a user name and linked to Google+ so I avoid using it). But in OV settings I have my email address and password + the correct account name (this second account). Does this make sense to you?

It was a couple of months back all of a sudden everything just stopped working on both my server and client machine. Could they have changed how you reach this child account within a parent account?

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I think I may of sorted this. I went to my settings on youtube and hit the advanced option shown below

upload_2015-3-2_11-41-30.png

Then within this page there was an option to set this channel as the default channel when I log in with my google account. I enabled this setting and tried OV again and it works?

It's strange because I don't ever remember going into youtube settings ever before. I don't upload videos or anything so never had a need to. Maybe the iphone app had a hand in this changing because I was having issues with it not using this account where my subscriptions where.

Is this a required setting you are aware of or was OV able to target the channel on it's own before? I assume it was as you ask for login and account name in the settings.

Thanks!

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are so many settings that may cause problems when accessing YouTube via their API - I don't know them all :) And as you noticed things get changed every once in a while by google. All I do in the code is use the google provided youtube api for .net.
    Great that it works now. ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Awesome now it works again. One to remember the next time it decides it doesn't want to work!

On the subject of OV2 etc. Everything seems to be working well, I did notice when stopping Amazon videos playing through the browser host that it doesn't close the browser like it used to and I have to get the keyboard out to return to MePo. Not sure if the latest site is including in the installation though so maybe unrelated to OV2.

Also regarding Youtube. Now the new filter is in use is there the potential for 1080p streaming to return and maybe even 60fps?

Thanks!

Arni_69

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Netflix: Is now working. Film start without problems. I believe it was the spinner. First start without change spinner (havent found) does´nt start.
    But my remote does´nt work for netflix.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, I think I know what the problem is (the spinner is now defined on two places in the code - I have to remove it from the Netflix Connector). The remote handling has changed in the browser player.
    I don't know what version of MP you're using and not what kind of remote you're having.
    If you have a MCE remote (or RC6) and using MP 1.11 PRE, can you try to use Generic HID Remote settings and disable MCE Remote?
    If you're on =< MP 1.10 please try to enable General HID.

Arni_69

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using MP 1.11 Pre with MCE remote. Changing to Generic HID Remote and disable MCE but does´nt work.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Using MP 1.11 Pre with MCE remote. Changing to Generic HID Remote and disable MCE but does´nt work.
    :(. Can you please try it out one more time?
    1. Double check your remote settings
    2. Start a video and let it play for some seconds
    3. Press
      1. Pause
      2. Play
      3. Right
      4. Left
      5. Stop
      6. Back
      7. Esc
    4. Exit MediaPortal and collect the browser host debug log file
    5. Attach it here and we ping @Jason Pyke