ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey @Ministerk,

According to your log file you played/started the following episodes from OnlineVideos:
    Code:
    Capelito  - 2x15
    Columbo  - 4x4
    Akuten  - 4x13
    Amigo Grande  - 3x7

All these failed to start scrobble because of a 404 error on trakt.tv (except for Columbo 4x4, although I see no stop signal sent which is concerning). This would occur if trakt.tv does not know about those episodes, I checked online and that appears to be the case, I couldn't find the series Akuten or Amigo Grande on trakt.tv or thetvdb.com. I also couldn't find season 2 of Capelito on thetvdb.com (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=287267&lid=7) which is where trakt would get its information from.

Maybe those series exist but under a different name?

Also, I want to improve the scrobbler for onlinevideos but I need help in discovering sites that support ITrackingInfo. Do you have a list handy or can pass me a couple site utils (like the one you use above) that works with this version to test? We can continue this discussion in the trakt forum if you like.

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes those series are not in the thetvdb, lots of Swedish titles aren't or do not have en English title. Furthermore some of English names are translated to Swedish, trakt only supports english names. I was just testing the site utils with random episodes of random series to try it out.

The sites I'm having right now (working) with ITrackingInfo are:
    Movies and Series scrobbling: MovHunter, Sweflix
    Series only: Viasat, TV3 Play Danmark, TV3 Play Eesti, Viasat Norge, TV Play, TV3 Play Lietuva, Nova Play

Many of doskabouter's sites scrobbles.[DOUBLEPOST=1425687896][/DOUBLEPOST]Well the Columbo episode did not end up in my history... Guess it's a bug on the Trakt site or service, showing progress even if nothing is played.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I didn't see any evidence of a stop being sent to Trakt from log, was that log suppose to be when you stopped the video near the end? Maybe you can repeat test with just that episode so I can see the log.

@Ministerk, I noticed a bug where a pause signal is not sent to trakt if we stop the video and its not considered watched. Maybe that is the issue you saw as I did not see the TrackVideoPlayback event fired from OnlineVideos...I will keep digging as I found a site util to test with.

@Ministerk, I made some changes to the OnlineVideos scrobbler today. It will now send a pause if its partially watched to trakt. Also added some more logging which could help with any issues you find. Find Attached a test build.

Attachments

• TraktPlugin_v5.2.0.1.mpe1
      3.5 MB
    Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @Arni_69, the same error appears to be in the log. Can I just ask, could you right-click on the new ministerk dll and check the properties. Its possible the dll is blocked, if it is there will be an "unblock" button on the properties page. Also, could you try removing the .dl_ file from the folder.

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Ministerk Do all things. But after a successfull login in netflix the film crashed.
    Dang :mad:!
    Do what Jason proposes, this is the only thing I can come up with.

@Arni_69, the same error appears to be in the log. Can I just ask, could you right-click on the new ministerk dll and check the properties. Its possible the dll is blocked, if it is there will be an "unblock" button on the properties page. Also, could you try removing the .dl_ file from the folder.
    The dll should be unlocked if Arni_69 unblocked the zip before extracting it. As understand it you should alway unblock the zip file downloaded from another computer and not the contents it self.

I've googled some about unblocking and sometimes it does not work, you can then remove the files stream information with the Streams util.
    Use this command to remove the streams from a file:
    Code:
    streams.exe -d OnlineVideos.Sites.ministerk.dll.zip
    Then extract the file and try to be really sure:
    Code:
    streams.exe -d OnlineVideos.Sites.ministerk.dll
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425723783][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I didn't see any evidence of a stop being sent to Trakt from log, was that log suppose to be when you stopped the video near the end? Maybe you can repeat test with just that episode so I can see the log.

@Ministerk, I noticed a bug where a pause signal is not sent to trakt if we stop the video and its not considered watched. Maybe that is the issue you saw as I did not see the TrackVideoPlayback event fired from OnlineVideos...I will keep digging as I found a site util to test with.

@Ministerk, I made some changes to the OnlineVideos scrobbler today. It will now send a pause if its partially watched to trakt. Also added some more logging which could help with any issues you find. Find Attached a test build.
    Trying this out tonight CET.

Arni_69

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Jason Pyke
    Have check unblock the .zip, was unblocked. Check properties of the .dll, was unblocked. No old or renamed .dll like .dl_ in the folder.

Will test the method with streams.exe.

Result:
    Make all what you say with .zip and after with . dll again with the streams.exe.
    Netflix start the film and also the remote is working with Pause, Play, Forward ans so on. :)

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Make all what you say with .zip and after with . dll again with the streams.exe.
    Netflix start the film and also the remote is working with Pause, Play, Forward ans so on.
    Great! Thanks for your helping and not just giving up! (y) Now we have more input on remote control behavior and handling!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @ltfearme I've tested the new Trakt version and start and pause worked as expected. Ended the day by watching an episode of a TV show, but the stop call got a 500 response hence it didn't end up in my history :/.

I did this last test on my main HTPC (only error log level, was 100% sure it was set to debug...) but this was logged:
    Code:
    2015-03-07 22:58:41.961 [ERR ] [Scrobble][13]: Protocol Error, Code = '500', Description = 'Internal Server Error', Url = 'http://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/scrobble/stop', Headers = 'Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: keep-alive, X-Request-Id: cf938fa6-7cb2-48c0-9219-dfb392b43368, X-Runtime: 10.510828, CF-RAY: 1c398fa5439c05bb-ARN, Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8, Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:58:46 GMT, Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d2236d53d992f1d405bac1c37eaa2b1831425765499; expires=Sun, 06-Mar-16 21:58:19 GMT; path=/; domain=.trakt.tv; HttpOnly, Server: cloudflare-nginx'

Going to watch something later in the evening to be sure this works as expected.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @Ministerk ,

that just sounds like some bad luck / timing with trakt.tv being unavailable at the time of your test. Sounds like the plugin did everything it could, I haven't added any retry logic in the plugin. Typically I dont need to do any retry as I can sync later but because this is onlinevideos it does not have any database of your previous watched history it might make sense to add retry logic in for certain types of protocol errors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom