OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 Alpha (2 Viewers)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's currently my most used plugin / menu item in MP2 ;)

First off: Do have any plans to track issues, bugs etc related escpecially to the MP2 version at google code by using a new component there?
    Should feature requests and/or improvement suggestions added over there directly?
    Or would you like to prefer having your own project in JIRA or a component for MP2 related things in MP2 project?

Since the context menu is not available within the Titanium skin (feel free to add an issue within the MP2 JIRA project and schedule it for Alpha 3) , I switched to Reflexion currently.
    There you have a an item count for categories, which might be a bit too small. It's just a minor visual issue:
    20130628_212725.png
    EDIT: Noticed the item count in Titanium as well, but also small there.
    Instead of using Reflexion to get the ContextMenu I also removed the key binding for the hidden menu from Titanium: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...n/Titanium/screens/master_menu.xaml#L149-L150
    and added
    Code:
    			<Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    			  <Command Source="{Service ScreenManager}" Path="ShowDialog" Parameters="ovsDialogItemContextMenu"/>
    			</Button.ContextMenuCommand>
    to ovsVideoItemContainerStyle and ovsSiteItemContainerStyle in OnlineVideoStyles.xaml

When trying to download all videos of "Pelzig hält sich" (ZDF mediathek):
    • First there is the question whether it should be downloaded "queued" or "concurrent".
    • Then you'll be asked to choose the quality.
    • This is fine for two vids, but for the third I only get the first dialog, but not the second one.
      The video seems to be added to the queue (I get the message it is there already, if I try to add it again), I am not being asked to choose the quality.

BTW: I love the extensive DEBUG logging ;) We should have this for the media importers as well, so that each file is being logged and whether it is skipped for any reason or imported.
    But maybe not every received byte for the Command Header or not every received packet needs to be logged? :D (This is is required for deeper debugging, it would be great to have an additional Verbose log level within our logging framework to write excessive infos to the log files.
    ~7MB 112.000 lines of log infos and increasing...
    Attached is only the part when I tried to queue all the videos.

When viewing the downloaded / downloading videos it would be nice to be able to
    • very useful
      • see the download progress for each item
    • better
      • track the overall progress and the progress for each queue item (has a progress bar within the list item ;) ) There was a ripping test plugin/skin once but I am not able to find it anymore.
    • nice 2 have, but not so important:
      • have a queue, similar to the playlist screens, which allow to reorder the items
      • pause, force start and delete downloads
      • have a button on the left menu to remove (clear queue) from completed downloads
    • very minor:
      • An option for keeping the original filename would be nice and instead writing the metadata into an additional nfo (xbmc) file or a matroska xml tag file (see MkvTagger > I'll rework that "library" till the end of the year.
      • Or maybe: Allow to define a filepattern using available variables like, %date_downloaded%, %date_uploaded% (or whatever the parsed date is), %original_filename%, %title%, %provider%, ...

EDIT: OV_log_menu contains the log when trying get from home menu into onlinevideos now, which does not seem to be possible anymore. :( Only MP2 restart helped.

Attachments

• OV_log_download.txt
      2 MB
    • OV_log_menu.txt
      51.5 KB
    Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First off: Do have any plans to track issues, bugs etc related escpecially to the MP2 version at google code by using a new component there?
    Should feature requests and/or improvement suggestions added over there directly?
    Or would you like to prefer having your own project in JIRA or a component for MP2 related things in MP2 project?
    Keeping it simple, I added two new templates at the google code project, one for a MP2-Bug and one for MP2-Enhancement.

When trying to download all videos of "Pelzig hält sich" (ZDF mediathek):
    • First there is the question whether it should be downloaded "queued" or "concurrent".
    • Then you'll be asked to choose the quality.
    • This is fine for two vids, but for the third I only get the first dialog, but not the second one.
      The video seems to be added to the queue (I get the message it is there already, if I try to add it again), I am not being asked to choose the quality.
    I am not sure if I got it already right in the MP2 code yet (probably not), but when an item is added to the queue, it will use the default quality set for that site (if option is provided) or the same chosen on the first downloaded item.

BTW: I love the extensive DEBUG logging ;) We should have this for the media importers as well, so that each file is being logged and whether it is skipped for any reason or imported.
    But maybe not every received byte for the Command Header or not every received packet needs to be logged? :D

I guess you are talking about the MPUrlSourceSplitter logfile here. Haven't checked it lately when running from MP2 - so it might be that it is in extreme verbose mode ;) This logging is the only way to find out what is going wrong when requesting files. Kudos go to georgius for this.

When viewing the downloaded / downloading videos it would be nice to be able to
    • very useful
      • see the download progress for each item
    • better
      • track the overall progress and the progress for each queue item (has a progress bar within the list item ;) ) There was a ripping test plugin/skin once but I am not able to find it anymore.
    • nice 2 have, but not so important:
      • have a queue, similar to the playlist screens, which allow to reorder the items
      • pause, force start and delete downloads
      • have a button on the left menu to remove (clear queue) from completed downloads
    • very minor:
      • An option for keeping the original filename would be nice and instead writing the metadata into an additional nfo (xbmc) file or a matroska xml tag file (see MkvTagger > I'll rework that "library" till the end of the year.
      • Or maybe: Allow to define a filepattern using available variables like, %date_downloaded%, %date_uploaded% (or whatever the parsed date is), %original_filename%, %title%, %provider%, ...

MP1 already has the progress displayed - I didn't get so far yet on the MP2 side.
    A download queue manager might be an idea, but I never wanted this plugin to develop into a "downloader". It's also a bit harder to implement, as the download queue lives in the second AppDomain.
    An additional info file of some kind could be done, it has been requested already. Well, my todo list grows and time is limited ;) You know the problem. Any help/patches are welcome!

OV_log_menu contains the log when trying get from home menu into onlinevideos now, which does not seem to be possible anymore. :( Only MP2 restart helped.

Somewhere an exception must have happended, I'll try to figure it out.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the response. Of course the more popular a software or plugin is the more features requests are coming in, but these should be treated as compliments as it shows you are happy with everything else ;) :)
    So nothing that would have a higher priority than minor.

I guess you are talking about the MPUrlSourceSplitter logfile here. Haven't checked it lately when running from MP2 - so it might be that it is in extreme verbose mode ;) This logging is the only way to find out what is going wrong when requesting files. Kudos go to georgius for this.
    Of course it is useful for debugging various video sources etc, but it is logged to the MP2-Client.log file here. Maybe we should not use another log level or reduce logging, but write it to another file especially for the MPUrlSourceSplitter.

I am not sure if I got it already right in the MP2 code yet (probably not), but when an item is added to the queue, it will use the default quality set for that site (if option is provided) or the same chosen on the first downloaded item.
    Yep, but this seems a bit inconsistent as it is asking when starting immediately and to the queue, but only for the first two items, not for others. Also it is not mentioned that a selected value will be used as a default. No a big problem, but might just be worth to keep it in mind or add it to the tracker. Will do it during the next testing / reporting procedure if it won't exist within the tracker, yet.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think those mms download log messages are new. They have not been in there on a previous version - I'll ask georgius, I think he did some changes on mms protocol recently.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Attached are some modifications to the source code: a modification to the OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.csproj and an additional file to process the pre and post build within a MSBuild *.targets file and a *.nuspec to create a NuGetPackage that includes all the MP2 plugin files.

If you would like you check these changes and apply them to svn. If you would like to I also can grant you access to https://www.myget.org/feed/Packages/mediaportal where you can upload a new version whenever you want. We also will be able to add a reference to the MP2 source code so the plugin can be included automatically even in builds done by the BuildBot without the need to manually prepare the release and without adding a single binary to the MP2 source code.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.7z
      3.2 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, just tried to get this working, but I keep getting an error:
    Code:
    OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2\build.targets(41,5): error MSB3023: Es wurde kein Ziel für den Kopiervorgang angegeben. Geben Sie DestinationFiles oder DestinationFolder an.
    Not sure what the Problem is. What VS version are you using (2010)?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, just tried to get this working, but I keep getting an error:
    Code:
    OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2\build.targets(41,5): error MSB3023: Es wurde kein Ziel für den Kopiervorgang angegeben. Geben Sie DestinationFiles oder DestinationFolder an.
    Not sure what the Problem is. What VS version are you using (2010)?

Sorry had a "typo" within the file I sent you: Check build.targets file line 41: There is not destination folder specified. It's also obsolete and just a copy and paste error.

Simply remove this line.

I also noticed I did add a targets file to OV project. Attached are two patches based on current svn. (I was finally able to do a checkout using tortoisegit ;)
    First patch only "cleans" the OV.MP2 project file. Second one applies the actual changes.
    I also changed the outdir for the OV project to the default values, because this dll should be copied by the actual implementation (OV.MP1 or OV.MP2) to the target directory. Compile was working here when I removed the subwree.... from beforeBuild and added the versioninfo.cs files manually (have no tortoisesvn installed)

In case you have any questions to MSBuild files feel free to ask

Attachments

• 0001-cleanup-for-OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.csproj.patch
      8 KB
    • 0002-moved-pre-and-postbuild-into-MSBuild-.targets.patch
      10.7 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, now it works! Applied the changes to the MP1 project as well and committed all to SVN.

The extreme logging when downloading mms streams has also been fixed in SVN. (MMS is downloaded by C# code directly, that`s why the logging was in the default file).

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great I still have to modify the build.targets to remove the subversion detection, but that's my problem ;)
    Another thing I noticed, since you already referenced the DLLs to the MP2 source code might it be good to include their projects within the OV MP2 solution? So it is not required to build MP2 in debug, because it is done by the OV solution, if the binaries are not up to date. Just an idea, not problem at all.

Attached is an updated nuspec file containing a correct version and excluding *.pdb files.

BTW: I uploaded a nuget package for OnlineVideos to myget for testing only: https://www.myget.org/feed/mediaportal/package/OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2
    and integrated it into my branch:
    https://github.com/chefkoch/MediaPortal-2/commits/OnlineVideos
    https://github.com/chefkoch/MediaPortal-2/commits/OnlineVideos_CleanHistory

So with a few more adjustments besides the version info, also the plugin.xml and the nuspec could be updated with the correct svn revision BeforeBuild and then the package could be created afterbuild or manually using npe.codeplex.com and optionally uploaded / updated.

If you are interested feel free to signup at MyGet and send request access to the mediaportal feed there or send my you username.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.7z
      1 KB
    Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work!
    Signed up at myget and you can guess my username ^^
    New nuspec file committed to google code svn.

I don`t want to link the MP2 (or MP1) dependencies as projects, but rather as DLLs:
    • Not every OnlineVideos dev will have either code checked out locally.
    • Linking against (at some point) released binaries ensures that the plugin builds again latest stable release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom