OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 Alpha (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will build Alpha 3 today, can you upload a new binary plugin to be included?

adspence

Portal Member
    July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there simple list somewhere of what is working and what isn't? I've just being trying MP2 and OV for the first time now with Alpha3. I just want to make sure that I'm ignoring (or being patient with) things that are known issues or simply not implemented yet.

for instance
    • is it a general MP2 navigation issue that when I select the -> for the next set of matches that the landing place for my cursor/remote is not where it used to be under MP1, i.e. the same place as I selected in the first place - it seems to either dump me back at the top of the video list (which means scrolling all the way through again) or right at the bottom (which means going back up and then down again). Navigation with a remote seems to be a major problem for me right now generally in MP2, it just isn't always intuitive where the remote is going to take you at any point, so maybe this is related.
    • I tried a search and now I've a continuous busy sign in the middle of the screen - it eventually finished about 10 mins later, without any results.

Obviously if these are being worked on already that is fine, I totally understand, this is Alpha. That said, there isn't a clear an obvious list of what is working and what isn't for MP2 either (and trawling through a Jira queue isn't my first thought). No point raising loads of things that are known issues.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is not list, but you can still report things you are missing or find not working here. That's fine. Some things might be MP2 related because it is also still work in progress.
    Since I am working on OV in MP2 alone, I don't have the time to look after a public todo list. If you volunteer, you can always use the google code project issue tracker ;)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    online videos has been included with the Anniversary Addition of MP2.
    There is no information about it in the MP2 plugins
    For me, I am looking for U.S sites, if there are any, how to add them, and how to filter to show just them.
    thanks

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update: All listings for Discovery Channel error
    MP2_OnlineVideos_02.jpg

Different Error for all connected to ABC.com
    MP2_OnlineVideos_03.jpg

I found the Discovery Channel Canada and MythBusters. There was only one video.
    It started to download.... and download... and... well I hit ESC. Nothing. Esc... Nothing.
    let it go for a few minutes and the busy circle went away but MP2 is stuck.
    MP2_OnlineVideos_04.jpg

I am going to let it sit for a while to see if something free's up but this does not look good.
    Client log included...

Attachments

• MP2_OnlineVideos_01.jpg
      MP2_OnlineVideos_01.jpg
      162.7 KB
    Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every site in Onlinevideos is maintained by a different developer. As the website might change at any time and the dev not use it all the time, not eveything can work at all times ;)
    Best to report site related errors in dedicated threads or better from with MP using the report this site from the context menu.This way the developer gets an email and knows there is a problem plus the site is marked as reported in the global list (link to website in my signature).

There is no way to filter for geographic location of a site - this info is not available on a site - we only have the language. Mostly because a site usually has videos in one language and can be used from many locations.

The endless spinning circle might be due to some background action that takes ages to timeout. I think in MP2 I haven't implemented anything like in MP1 where the backgroudn thread is killed after x seconds. I'll have to look deeper into this as I am not using my own thread in MP2 (no need as the GUI action are already called in a different than UI thread).

There is no information about it in the MP2 plugins
    Not sure what you mean or where you are looking for info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom