(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control *Updated images*

I have just started to help out in this project where I have started with the TV Guide. The images for the EPG that can be seen in the first post is mockups made by Joost but the Javascript code and a rough Iviewer GUI for displaying the EPG exist, i.e the middle part of the guide. I will continue to add more functionality and Joosts awesome design.

As PServais said, Iviewer can control everything that can communicate with tcp/ip. That mean that you can for example add an Global Caché extender to handle the amplifier or add an USB-UIRT to the MediaPortal computer where the commands are sent from Girder or EventGhost. I today use Girder and an USB-UIRT for one of my HTPC +TV and a pronto remote with an extender for the other system with HTPC/amplifier/projector/LCD-TV.

Johan

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control *Updated images*

How's developement oing on? Can't wait to hear more of this amazing plugin!

J

joostzilla

Re: AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control *Updated imag

How's developement oing on? Can't wait to hear more of this amazing plugin!

Development is progressing in a steady pace. :)
    We have welcomed JohanJ as a new team member and he is really kicking *ss with the TVguide and related services.
    But the project is still in an early stage. We have to do so much and we want more and more. :D

J

joostzilla

Re: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

New and updated pictures in first post :)

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Re: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

As far as I understand you will be able to watch LiveTV with it? Will it be like iPimp (transcoding on the TVServer)?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Regarding streaming to the EVE. This depends totally if MPExtended can transcode and stream in a format that Ipad/IViewer can handle. Oxan, that developer of MPExtended, do not have an idevice so its tricky for him to test the transcoding. Eve can right now play youtube trailers.

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany

Well I think it's time for the TV Server to offer more formats than TS. I think most of the pc's can handle on-the-fly compression.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Well I think it's time for the TV Server to offer more formats than TS.
    That's a lot easier said than done.

J

joostzilla

Dont worry, we know it will come someday. Live TV streaming on the iPad. We only have to be patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom