(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

As a purchaser of CouchPotatoe I see my purchase as a contribution to the development of a good iOS remote for MP - if the route would be to open source, hey, go ahead. So shukuyen, if you want to join forces, go ahead - if you want to keep it seperate because you want to pursue the closed source model, go ahead as well. A bit of competition does not hurt.

I might use CouchPotato from my iPhone & EVE from my iPad - no problemo there.

The same I did for CouchPotato I would do for EVE, so if there is a good way to support you guys, tell me.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

Wouldn't people that have paid for the app complain about that?
    Why? Open source is not about free like in free beer.
    And doesn't that mean that anyone could compile it's own version of CouchPotato and use it (or even sell it) for free?
    That depends on the used license. And the user has to have a mac and xcode to compile it.

J

joostzilla

Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control *Updated images*

I've added 2 versions of our new Eve TVguide in the first post :)

CommandFusion

Portal Member
    August 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control *Updated images*

Cant wait to see how you implement the TV Guide in iViewer. Guessing you will be using a lot of the JavaScript API to resize objects on the fly, etc.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

OK. This is pretty awesome. Are there any timeframe for this? Are we looking at weeks or months before something is released to tryout ?

Since it is also "Home Automation Control" will it also be able to control my ONKYO tcp/ip receiver ?

It would be cool to handle the volume and sound schemes on the receiver from the +/- volume buttons in the button of the images...

Thanks for doing this..

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I've added 2 versions of our new Eve TVguide in the first post :)

Is this mockup or for real? It looks fantastic!!! I wanted to do something like this in android but couldn't find a way to do it without writing tons of custom code...

Nice!

CommandFusion

Portal Member
    August 11, 2011
    Home Country

This should work equally well on Android, with a little GUI redesigning to suit the screen resolution of the chosen android devices. Our droidViewer is coming out in the next 2 months or so, and will use the same UI files as iViewer does.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

What I don't understand yet, iViewer isn't for free, is it? Will EVE be free or will we have to buy it and by doing so we get the iViewer license?

Did I say, that I vote for Joostzilla to be chief designer of MP?

CommandFusion

Portal Member
    August 11, 2011
    Home Country

We are going to talk about a way to release a separate app with just the Eve MediaPortal functionality built in. We need to discuss this in detail with the 2 Eve developers before I can provide any more details, but I seem to keep missing them due to timezone differences! I'm sure we will sort it out soon enough.

We have other OEM apps using our iViewer Automation Engine, My Russound is one.

PServais

Portal Member
    July 31, 2008
    Maastricht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

There aren't any timeframes for Eve yet, :sorry:

With iViewer you can control everything that can communicate over tcp/ip.

OK. This is pretty awesome. Are there any timeframe for this? Are we looking at weeks or months before something is released to tryout ?

Since it is also "Home Automation Control" will it also be able to control my ONKYO tcp/ip receiver ?

It would be cool to handle the volume and sound schemes on the receiver from the +/- volume buttons in the button of the images...

Thanks for doing this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom