*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

Hey edsche,

I have been running your latest beta for a while now and I noticed occiasional crashing on mediaportal startup. Attached my logs.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

Have you thought about this as an enhancement option:

Most RRS feeds have a link for each news item taking you to the full story.

Instead of displaying the RSS feeds as a ticker, you display each item for 3 seconds as static text (scrolling if the item is longer than the feed width)
The problem here is that the ticker would be start from the beginning after showing the feed item descritption for e.g. 3 seconds. But i like the idea, but at the moment i see no solution for that.

While hover over the RSS feed the user can press a key (eg the arrow keys) to cycle forward/back between news items. That way if I saw a news item he wanted to read but missed the text he can press the left arrow to go back to that item, then press enter to load it into the web browser window.
Sorry i don't know what excatly you mean. You mean on the feed selection screen, the items should already be loaded when hovering over the feed, and not on button/mouse/key press?

In the web browser plugin the user can press a button like a home button that takes the user to a selection screen. The selection screen has all the RSS news items and the user can up/down arrow over any of them and press enter to nagivate into that item. If the user has setup multiple RSS feeds, then the first selection item would be to choose a feed, then the 2nd selection item would display the list of all the news items with the option to display the full story by pressing enter.
Also a good idea. But that is related to the webbrowser plugin. I have something already ready (firefox based webbrowser), but in a early stage. I concentrate first on the navigation part of the browser (keyboard/mouse/remote) and would then add some other features.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hey edsche,

I have been running your latest beta for a while now and I noticed occiasional crashing on mediaportal startup. Attached my logs.

Thanks, i fixed a serious bug which let the feeds/twitter/weather update run twice. Also i added some logging messages which is related to your problem. Please test this version and let me know if it works or not (please enable the debug checkbox in the options).

I noticed there is a little problem with the current MediaPortal svn (25028). Don't know if it's really related to MP, but i can't reproduce this on MP 1.02 and MP with SVN from 06.02.2010. As soon as you change the feed item by pressing the arrow key up or down, and the feed item has a image, the feed item image you selected before disappears.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

* SetFeedOnWindow also sets #infoservice.feed.img. that means that skinners that use #infoservice.feed.titles and show #infoservice.feed.img on the home screens should check if String.Equals(#infoservice.feed.isalltitles,false/true) for image control. and make a new one depending if all titles is shown or not. i have done it this way:

Code:
    		<control>
    			<description>RSS default image</description>
    			<type>image</type>
    			<id>11117</id>
    			<posX>0</posX>
    			<posY>0</posY>
    			<width>80</width>
    			<height>80</height>
    			<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    			<texture>InfoService\defaultTop.png</texture> <!-- default image when all titles is visible -->
    			<visible>Plugin.IsEnabled(InfoService)+String.Equals(#infoservice.feed.isalltitles,true)</visible>
    		</control>
    		<control>
    			<description>RSS image - InfoService</description>
    			<type>image</type>
    			<id>11118</id>
    			<posX>0</posX>
    			<posY>0</posY>
    			<width>120</width>
    			<height>80</height>
    			<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    			<texture>#infoservice.feed.img</texture> <!-- image when the feed is selected -->
    			<visible>Plugin.IsEnabled(InfoService)+String.Equals(#infoservice.feed.isalltitles,false)</visible>
    		</control>
    Mh i think it would be better if InfoSerivce sets a default image for All Titles Ticker by itself, then it would be only one control.

thing is if you have #feed.img in the infoservice.feeds.xml, then you expect it to hold the image of the current viewing feed

for example, i have #feed.img and #feed.title one to another.. i'm currently viewing all feeds on basichome.. enter infoservice plugin and #feed title becomes what you're currently viewing (because in the window you're always viewing only one feed) but item image does not change unless you manually choose the feed or if the plugin sets it (like in the patch). hope you understand what i'm trying to say :)

other solution would be to have all feeds view in the window (facade would have items from all the feeds) and #feed.title would hold something like "all feeds".

for me, it doesn't really matter what solution you choose :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

using latest beta I cannot enter the plugin window inside MP:

Code:
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.578808 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Home.GUIHome deinit
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.581808 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.598809 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: InfoService.InfoServiceCore init
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.607809 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 16000
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.611810 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Windowmanager: Goto previous window
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.612810 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: InfoService.InfoServiceCore deinit
    2010-02-18 00:52:44.614810 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()

Simone

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Cemelli, you are missing a skin file called infoservice.xml.
    That file will show you a select of either twitter or feeds.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

BTW: joz, did the latest beta fixed your problem?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi edsche, i'm kinda scarce on time but it seems it is fixed. If i run into it again I Will let you know

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi Cemelli, you are missing a skin file called infoservice.xml.
    That file will show you a select of either twitter or feeds.

I checked and the file is in place :confused:

I'm on Black Glass 2.2.0 + all fixes posted by Tgx in the dedicated thread.

Simone

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

At least it should work even without the .xml file. Can you upload the infoservice.log?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Chris,

Quick question, I have ben testing the current version and noticed that I am now missing the AM/PM indicators from
    #infoservice.weather.dayx.day.condition and #infoservice.weather.dayx.night.condition, is this intentional?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread