(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwallquist

Portal Member
October 27, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Without seeing your log files I can only guess. But it sounds like it might be one of the known problems.

There is a patch in the queue that will hopefully be put into SVN soon that will solve this problem. If you paste your Mediaportal log file into the pastebin and provide a link or zip it up and attach it to a post then I'll take a look and see what I can find.

I'll definately post here when the patch is in SVN so people can update to solve the scheduled recording not working bug.

Cheers,

OK, thanks. I have attached my log files. Since I am using the Swedish version of Media Portal, som messages in the log file are in Swedish.I hope that´s not a problem. I m grateful for all the help I can get.

:D
/Wilhelm

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wwallquist:

It does look like the known issue. As soon as the fix is put into SVN you should update. I will post here when that happens.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and-81

okay , there was a fault in my thinkin' ... for sure has it NO impact on an external application if I use a MP plugin (I am over 40, so forbear with me).

If I understood your advice I can use HIP for that? (VLC does only know some buttons of the MCE remote and there is no "MCE driver" for VLC so far). But when I use HIP I do NOT necessarily need your plugin if I don't want to do advanced stuff. Right?

Is there an other way you would know? (I am a bit afraid of HIP ... seems to be no child's play)

thanks&regards
    WeWe

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HIP is actually pretty easy.

Basically it captures all the remote button pressed and sends the commands you want to the applications you want.

I guess in your case you would want to use it to control VLC and MP from the MCE remote. You would need the plug-in in message mode (or just the message plug-in) to receive the commands (via windows messages) from HIP.

Works like a charm on my set-up.

VdR

I got to to work and I'm even older than you are!

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sky NZ - Zenith IR Codes

Attached are the codes for my Zenith Sky STB - none of the others seemed to work...

Great plugin - It's fixed almost the last bugbear I had with MP - I can now turn the TV and sound off/on with the TV power button, and only use one blaster.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wewe:

Once you've seen Girder you won't be afraid of HIP, trust me. :)

HIP is fantastic, once you understand how it works it's very simple and very handy.

Basically, what you want to do is setup HIP and tell it that for MediaPortal it passes Windows Messages (there's a configuration file for this included with the plugin) and tell HIP for VLC you'll map the buttons however you like.

You don't need my plugin to control MediaPortal with HIP. But to do it properly you need either this plugin (MCE Replacement) or my Message plugin which is available in the download section.

What I mean by "properly" is that you get context sensitive mapping of the button presses inside MediaPortal.

TesterBoy:

Thank you! I'll include it in the next build.

Cheers,

rkrichard

Portal Member
    November 14, 2005
    I tried to install the original (1.0) plugin on Windows XP 64. It seems that the driver does not support the 64 bit version. Does this plugin and driver work on vista 64 bit?
    Does anybody know where I can find a xp 64 bit driver or how I can force a install of this driver on windows x64?

rkrichard

Portal Member
    November 14, 2005
    That is not the problem. I got the following reason: "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software". I tried with the wizard and right click mceir.inf and install. On other forums I read that the driver does not support win xp 64.
    I also tried the new test version, with the same result.
    Does anybody know how to get the microsoft remote to work on a 64 bit system?

kl0012

Portal Member
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi and-81,
    I'm using this plugin with HIP and message plugin (need it for external DVD and video player) . All works with no problems. Thanks for the great work.
    Now I want to use blaster feature of this plugin wit my STB. As I understand, the plugin's blaster doesn't working if HIP is loaded. The blasting is working inside the HIP but I don't know how to use this with MP.
    Is there some way to use blasting with MP and not to waive HIP?
    I forgot to mention - I'm using original MS driver for the remote.

(Sorry for my english.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom