(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

margate

Portal Member
April 11, 2006
Daniel

Am not sure what you try to do, MyBlaster is broken from one of the new SVN builds see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=14377&highlight=myblaster.

If you are using MCE Replacement plugin you can follow below rules from and-81, you should also learn the codes to you STB via external channels button on MCE Replacement configuration screen (there are many preconfigured STB's already) and make sure that "Control external channel chaning" is selected. If you are using XP MCE edition you might need attached hotfix Q912024 if you also use MS Keyboard.

Finally you should wait for a required patch in SVN there will fix the "scheduler not changing channel on your STB", see #454 in this thread, am not sure about patch number but you should watch this thread.

Also wait for an updated MCEReplacementTray.exe without debug messages, I hope and-81 will upload it when he is back. Until then you can rename it to avoid load

and-81 response to Dbl Clicks
There's been a lot of talk about Double-Clicks already in the thread, I'll try to summarise... You need to disable any other HID or MCE remote plugins or remote handlers in MediaPortal. You also need to remove the replacement driver button mappings if you're not using the replacement driver. There's a button on the Map MCE buttons form.

/margate

Daniel Nyber

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi Margate

I think I know about every little option and setting in MCE replacement plugin by now. I also know that MyBlaster don't work anymore (but it is still possible to learn and test a ir commands anyway).

The problem me and several others have with MCE ir blaster have is that the IR diod flashes but nothing happens on the STB when I send a "change channel" command for example.
In other words the MCE replacement plugin dosent work as it supposed to.

To fix this problem I can send a IR command to STB with MyBlaster, and after that the MCE replacement plugin works as expected. (this is described in my previous reply).

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Everyone:

Sorry for not replying on this thread for a week, I've been away.

Daniel:

I think I have finally learned what the problem is that makes the plugin not work with some set top boxes, and I think the solution will work for your setup.

I believe the reason your work-around fixes the problem is because the MyBlaster code sends a speed setting that the MceIrApi does not. As luck would have it I have just been contacted by a gentleman who has added Speed settings to the MceIrApi code. He has kindly offered to send me the code so that I can incorporate his new functions into my plugin. I will post back as soon as this happens.

And I'm still waiting for the patch to be put into SVN ...

Cheers,

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Just wondering if there was any progress on identifying what needs to be changed in the main MP code for the SVN to resolve the issue with the -1 card number problem when a scheduled recording is started?

I've found that if I leave live TV running all the time, then the scheduled recordings run fine, with the blaster sending the correct external tune signals. If I have TV off, then I get the error with the card number "-1".

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, there is a patch in the SVN queue that has not gone in yet. It will fix this problem. I'm going to jump on IRC now and see if I can find a dev to put it in, because we've been waiting some time for it.

I don't want to sound unappreciative to any dev's reading, and I know that making changes to the recording scheduler is something they would loath to do, but this fix will help a lot of people ...

I'll post back as soon as I know something...

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't believe the MceIr.dll, which is used by the plugin to access the mce transceiver, is compatible with Windows Vista.

I've made a few efforts to get it working with Vista, but I don't run Vista myself so I'll give it another go when I get a copy of Vista to test with.

I'll post here as soon as I have something working.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there an SVN that will fix the problem with changing channels for scheduled recordings? I keep forgetting to change the channel manually before a recording is to start. Can this be fixed for the 0.2.2 stable release? I've had problems with SVN versions and try to stay away from them whenever possible.

Thanks!!

Dale

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom