OSD status of volume (1 Viewer)

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
@Smirnoff,

Very quick and nice solution! I use Logarithmic by now and found it much better than the initial linear... except the look of it! sorry... :oops:
How can we "skin" the Volume OSD, I found the 2 PNG files (volume.states.xx.png), but we can only define the 3 colors (only 2 are used) and the look of the mute, that's all. Why have you changed the principle of rendering (from mixing 0&10 volume pictures to this alignment of colored blocks)? We come from a 2D rendering to a 1D one now! :cry:

Thanks for the answer and ... sorry again, Zby-)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Very quick and nice solution!

Glad to hear that you like it and that its working for you.

except the look of it! sorry...

Thats okay, the look is a temporary thing and IMO too small. Leave it with me, I've just figured out how to workaround the limitations that I had previously figured upon.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Thx again Smirnoff :!:

...Glad to read I am not the only one not "happy" with the new design, but if you have a good reason, it is OK! :p

One small thing I was thinking about, would it be possible to have some sort of "automatic gain control"? ... To be able to get some sort of "unified" sound level, related to a mean maximum level, and not having to change volume when when switching channels, getting commercials, or switching to other MP module/disc/etc. ? :?: ?

Or maybe be able to save individual volume levels for each activity and ... channels/radio/disc/movie/...?

Zby-)

csabal

Portal Member
January 25, 2005
Volume OSD: where?

I belive I'm not stupid, but I can not see the volume OSD in my MP! Either the mute OSD. When I push the volume up/down, nothing appear.

Is there something in MP, I must swich on? Or plugin?

I use 0.1.3.0.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I know that you can not control the volume if you are using spdif out. But shouldn't it be possible to implement the mute function anyway (by disabling spdif out when mute is pressed)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom