Other audio formats (1 Viewer)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
MP does not play FLAC or APE formats EVEN if I use Winamp AND have installed the "input" filters! Infact Winamp plays fine when I double click on the .FLAC files via windows but NOT via MP! how comes?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The key is: if you get it running with Windows Media Player, it also plays in MP if you add the extensions to the list. You need DirectShow filters to play back media with the Media Player. If you got them, you'll be fine playing your stuff in MP, too.

Yuri

Portal Member
September 7, 2005
Hungary
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

OffColour

Portal Member
January 24, 2006
Yuri said:
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

Similar problem here. RC2.
Got the illiminable filter installed and flac is fine in media player.
Updating tags for my flac files is taking literally hours (7000 files) and don't know if it will have worked when it finishes.

When I try and play a flac via MP (media or directshow) CPU goes through the roof and memory usage just keeps going up and up. The file itself never plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example? Also, your hardware acceleration settings might be off with the change of hardware?
Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example...
After a recent issue with my HTPC I had to swap out motherboard and CPU. both were replaced like for like and the PC works fine...
Replies
Views
I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom