Other audio formats (1 Viewer)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
MP does not play FLAC or APE formats EVEN if I use Winamp AND have installed the "input" filters! Infact Winamp plays fine when I double click on the .FLAC files via windows but NOT via MP! how comes?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The key is: if you get it running with Windows Media Player, it also plays in MP if you add the extensions to the list. You need DirectShow filters to play back media with the Media Player. If you got them, you'll be fine playing your stuff in MP, too.

Yuri

Portal Member
September 7, 2005
Hungary
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

OffColour

Portal Member
January 24, 2006
Yuri said:
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

Similar problem here. RC2.
Got the illiminable filter installed and flac is fine in media player.
Updating tags for my flac files is taking literally hours (7000 files) and don't know if it will have worked when it finishes.

When I try and play a flac via MP (media or directshow) CPU goes through the roof and memory usage just keeps going up and up. The file itself never plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the file and it was full of NULLs. Not good for an XML file. I found an old thread (gentle.config) which had some 11-years-old XML. On the off-chance that this could fix my problem, I cut-and-pasted it into...
OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the...
It never rains but it pours. All of a sudden MP1 refuses to connect to the TV service (which is on the same PC) and comes up with...
Replies
Views
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
Replies
Views
Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see joecrow's results. The video 1080x1920.mp4 is played correctly, the video 1920x1080-mux.mp4 is not. It is rotated but the resolution is not correct. I've attached 6 screenshots, 3 with EVR and 3 with MadVR...
Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see...
Hello, I noticed that videos 1080 * 1920 px are often played incorrectly in Mediaportal-Videos. I have attached 3 videos, which are...
Replies
Views
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom