Other audio formats (1 Viewer)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
MP does not play FLAC or APE formats EVEN if I use Winamp AND have installed the "input" filters! Infact Winamp plays fine when I double click on the .FLAC files via windows but NOT via MP! how comes?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The key is: if you get it running with Windows Media Player, it also plays in MP if you add the extensions to the list. You need DirectShow filters to play back media with the Media Player. If you got them, you'll be fine playing your stuff in MP, too.

Yuri

Portal Member
September 7, 2005
Hungary
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

OffColour

Portal Member
January 24, 2006
Yuri said:
I have a problem with flac playback.
MP version: 0.2 RC2

I have all nessesary codecs and filters installed. The file is playable in media player cassic, so no problems with these.

In MP i can't play it when WMP9 is selected in the settings. (btw: why is is showing 9 when i have 10 installed?)
But when i select DirectShow, everithing is fine, except i can't ff/rew the file.
MP3 works fine. Haven't tested it with ape.

Anybody having this problem?

Similar problem here. RC2.
Got the illiminable filter installed and flac is fine in media player.
Updating tags for my flac files is taking literally hours (7000 files) and don't know if it will have worked when it finishes.

When I try and play a flac via MP (media or directshow) CPU goes through the roof and memory usage just keeps going up and up. The file itself never plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom