Parallel Port Power Control Plugin (4 Viewers)

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Olè! Now it works..I made it for just one relay but now I'm ready to extend to 6 relays.

I've just a problem: when I start pc the output gets ON and just after a few seconds the output is set OFF.
Is there a way to avoid this thing? I don't like it because every time I start PC I've relay set ON.
I think it's windows or bios that every time get started set ON the output bit and then set it OFF.

Another thing: do you think you can edit your plugin as I told you days ago?

If everything works like it supposed to do, this project is great to control your house (everything with Mediaportal):D .

Thanks.

Bye

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sure I can modify it. Can you expain your whole setup and exactly how you want it to work. As far as the switching on and off at start up. I don't think there is anything you can do :-( I've played with kind of stuff on the parallel port for a while now and on all computers I've seen it do that :-( I think its just the PC initalizing all the devices. So for me it's not a problem since I run my media PC 24/7 (And yes I've already been guilt tripped about killing the planet! ;-) ;-)) Maybe it won't happen if you use S3 sleep mode (Suspend to ram) I've never tried this.
Thats really great that your got it working! I'd be more than happy to modify the plug-in to suite your setup :)

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Really thank you for your help!!

I need that pin 2, pin 3, 4,5,6,7,( my scheme use only six bit for six lamps) after I press buttons on mediaportal, will be set ON for just 0.8 sec. Then the pin must be OFF.
Now when I press a button on mediaportal, your plugin set a bit on 1 until I re-press the button again. I need that every time I press a button, the bit will be set on 1 and after 0.8 sec returns to be 0.

That's all I need.

About the problem of initializing hardware I think to resolve with an external circuit..I'm thinking about it...

Take your time to edit the plugin...I've to finish the hardware before...

Thank you so much!

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey Porro,
Can you give this a test run when you get a chance. (Enable "Trigger Mode") Just to see if there are any bugs or there are any other feature you think would be useful. Then I'll re-submit it to the downlaod page.

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Ok. I'll try and I'll give you news..I think saturday to have finished to test it...

Thanks Rhys.:D

Bye

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Hi Rhys. I tryed your new plugin but when I start Mediportal Setup and I enter plugin section it crash. If useful I saved the error message (it's in zip file).

I've Mediaportal 0.2.2 without svn update (because sometimes it crashed so I use only stable version).

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
hmm yes I see that is a problem. It is compiled against laest SVN. I will try to compile against 2.2.0 but might be a few days before I can. :)

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Don't worry, take the time you need. I'm completing the scheme yet. (thank you for your contribute)

I can try to install newer SVN but last time I did I had some problems...

So this plugin is strictly related with mediaportal version? It will not works on every new version of MP that will be released?

Bye

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
I've istalled a SVN build 02-20-2007 that I have on hardisk and now I have to tell you: Great job!!! It seems to work fine!

So don't recompile it...I use your plugin with new SVN.

Now I'm fixing starting problem with a new scheme like pic attached but until next week I can't test it because I'm waiting for components.

If everything works fine I'll make a report with pictures so everybody can see the power of your plugin; you can control everything with MP:D

Can you post source files?

Thanks for everything

Users who are viewing this thread