[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    According to the files SetupTV displays the correct possible values. The AverMedia card reports only that it supports NTSC.
    Yes, but that is true for the tuner portion only. I am using the composite inputs (which is connected to the STB composite output) and if I force the tv format to PAL in the code, I get a proper picture. Maybe there should be a checkbox to show all possible values for the AnalogVideoStandard Enumeration along with a warning.
    We are not looking at the tuner portion of the card, we are looking at the capture. So if you card supports PAL for composite inputs than it should return this information. IMHO this risk is simply too high too allow such a setting and it will probably confuse users.

The available video format is a bitmask of the AnalogVideoStandard enumeration (AnalogVideoStandard Enumeration (Windows)).
    Thanks. For the AverMedia card, <available> is 3, but the combo shows NTSC_M, NTSC_M_J and NTSCMask. The bitmak for the first 2 is 3. What is NTSCMask for? I also cannot get the details page for the CX23885 card. I get the following in error.log when I click on its name in SetupTV:
    Code:
    2009-04-14 10:39:47.203125 [SetupTv]: Exception   :System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '50' is not valid for 'Value'.
    'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
       at SetupTv.Sections.CardAnalog.SetVideoProcAmp(IDictionary`2 map)
       at SetupTv.Sections.CardAnalog.OnSectionActivated()
       at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)
    I have looked at the xml file and played with the values, but I cannot get it to work :(
    NTSCMask is a group for the other NTSC entries. This should not be listed in the list. I have corrected this and it will be available with the next verison. According to the configuration file your card reports a default value which is not in the range of its minimum and maximum values. The next version will handle this as well and limit those value for the given range.

You can change those at your own risk, but only if SetupTV and TvServer are stopped.. The TvServer won't override the available video formats as long graph building doesn't fail.
    I have changed the value of the <selected> child node to 16 for the AverMedia card, but it does not seem to make a difference. I get audio but the video is garbled. In the changes I made to the sources, I set the tv format after the graph is built, but before it is run. This works for me, but I have to make the changes in the source every time I update.
    The switch is performed too early in the code and it will be fixed in the version, too. Also you need to restart TvServer than.

There are no plans to add the possibility to set the video format per channel as this would slow down the channel change and makes everything more and more complicated.
    I think you have misunderstood me. I was asking for an option to set the video format for the tuner input and the composite/vhs inputs separately, not on a channel by channel basis.
    I don't think that this is general required use-case for the majority of the users. :sorry: So probably it will not happen in the near future.

MisterD

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I am in the minority too, it's what's keeping me from using tv server. My reason is I moved from a NTSC country to a PAL country -- I have to use an STB anyway, so why buy a new tuner?

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    We are not looking at the tuner portion of the card, we are looking at the capture. So if you card supports PAL for composite inputs than it should return this information. IMHO this risk is simply too high too allow such a setting and it will probably confuse users.
    Ok, this is understandable.

NTSCMask is a group for the other NTSC entries. This should not be listed in the list. I have corrected this and it will be available with the next verison. According to the configuration file your card reports a default value which is not in the range of its minimum and maximum values. The next version will handle this as well and limit those value for the given range.
    By next version, do you mean 1.0.2 or the next svn+your patch?

The switch is performed too early in the code and it will be fixed in the version, too. Also you need to restart TvServer than.
    The tv server was already stopped when I made the change in the xml file. As long as the xml file setting overrides the auto-detection features, I am happy.

I don't think that this is general required use-case for the majority of the users. :sorry: So probably it will not happen in the near future.
    Oh well, it was worth a try :)

I am in the minority too, it's what's keeping me from using tv server. My reason is I moved from a NTSC country to a PAL country -- I have to use an STB anyway, so why buy a new tuner?
    You can always compile tvlibrary.dll to force the changes you want (like I did). I can send you a list of my changes (they are very simple actually, about 5 lines or so) and you can use it to compile your version of tvlibrary.dll.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By next version, do you mean 1.0.2 or the next svn+your patch?
    I mean 1.0.2 which should be available soon. Just look at the roadmap ;)

The tv server was already stopped when I made the change in the xml file. As long as the xml file setting overrides the auto-detection features, I am happy.
    TvServer performs the switch of the video format too early in the graph building. It has to be performed at the end, but it was performed right after creating the capture device.

MisterD

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    I also cannot get the details page for the CX23885 card. I get the following in error.log when I click on its name in SetupTV:
    Code:
    2009-04-14 10:39:47.203125 [SetupTv]: Exception   :System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '50' is not valid for 'Value'.
    'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
       at SetupTv.Sections.CardAnalog.SetVideoProcAmp(IDictionary`2 map)
       at SetupTv.Sections.CardAnalog.OnSectionActivated()
       at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)
    According to the configuration file your card reports a default value which is not in the range of its minimum and maximum values. The next version will handle this as well and limit those value for the given range.
    Can you please tell where in code is the xml file processed? I would like to know where is the problem in the xml file.

Thanks.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please tell where in code is the xml file processed? I would like to know where is the problem in the xml file.

Thanks.
    The file is processed in the TvLibrary.Interfaces project. The specific part is in the class Capture.

This line is the problem in the xml file:
    Code:
    <videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="50" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>
    You should change it to:
    [ocde]<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="4" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>[/code]

MisterD

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    The file is processed in the TvLibrary.Interfaces project. The specific part is in the class Capture.
    Thanks.

This line is the problem in the xml file:
    Code:
    <videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="50" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>
    You should change it to:
    [ocde]<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="4" delta="1" flags="2" value="50">4</videoQuality>[/code]
    I had to change it to
    Code:
    <videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="4" defaultValue="50" delta="1" flags="2" value="4">4</videoQuality>
    to get TVConfig to display the tabs for the CX23885 card ;)

Btw, in the video standard combobox for the CX23885 card, I get not only NTSCMask but also SECAMMask (no PALMask though).

ctot

Portal Member
    January 19, 2008
    Hi, is this patch included in v 1.0.2???

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    this patch won't be included into TVServer like it is. I'm working on a better version, but this needs time. Probably 1.1.0 will make this patch obsolete.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom