PC remote interacting with mediaportal in the background issue (1 Viewer)

optymind

Portal Member
November 2, 2007
Is there a way to get my PC remote to ONLY interact with mediaportal? the remote only works on the active application at the time which is an issue for me.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there is option to keep mediaportal always on top, (under MP Config->general settings if i remember correctly) this will ensure MP is always the active application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
    Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom