mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Argh, still no good :(
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - eMPIA: get channel
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - eMPIA: result = success, rbc = 16
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - frequency = 0
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - symbol rate = 0
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - spec. inv. = 0
    [2015-01-06 10:59:41,395] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - const. = 0

I was hoping to see a real frequency and symbol rate there.

Can you please try again with the DVBC network provider? Only the real tuner needs to be tested; the virtual eMPIA one can be ignored for now.

Also, can you please try to scan with different combinations of units:
    • frequency MHz [/ 1000], kHz [MP normal] or Hz [x 1000]
    • symbol rate ks/s [MP normal] or s/s [x 1000]
    • modulation normal [64/128/256 QAM] or "ModNotSet" [automatic]
    (All with DVBC network provider and real tuner.)

I don't know what else could be wrong, unless it is the graph structure or something. A quick TeamViewer session might be useful for me to check that.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You know what mm! It is working now!!!!!!
    It was that simple: Symbol rate has to be in s/s (x1000) format. I'm really sorry to not testing this before. Only changed frequency to kHz and Hz. There was so many settings combinations. Another thing: It works even with original tvlibrary! Here is logs with latest patch (partial scan and after that timeshifting "YLE TV1") and with original tvlibrary (full scan and after that timeshifting "YLE TV1" via MP). Provider is set to "Generic" and tune timeout back to default (2s).

Thank You VERY VERY much for all your great support with this! :)
    Edit: I can do more testing if needed (final patch or anything).

Attachments

• PCTV292e DVB-C working with v5 patch_partial scan.zip
      13.7 KB
    • PCTV292e DVB-C working with original tvlibrary_full scan.zip
      32.1 KB
    Last edited:

UltraMagnum

Portal Member
    December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    That is just fantastic news micko. (y) Can you tell me how to change the symbol rate to s/s (x1000) format? Is it in advanced tuning options? Should I have the Prefered network provider in Generic or DVBC? Can you take a screenshot of the settings?

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You have to edit your tuningparameter (xml) file located to "%ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc". You can create copy for PCTV292e so original file is there if you have any other tuner that SR is in ks/s format (or if this is hardcoded someday). In example I live in Oulu, Finland so I copied and edited "Finland.Oulu-DNA Welho.xml".Screenshot attached (first sr is edited here). If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• tuningdetails.JPG
      tuningdetails.JPG
      41.4 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You know what mm! It is working now!!!!!!
    It was that simple: Symbol rate has to be in s/s (x1000) format.
    Unbelievable! Great news! :D

I'm really sorry to not testing this before.
    Ahhh, but it is I who should be apologising to you. Such a test is not something I would have expected you to think of. On the other hand, I could kick myself for not suggesting this test earlier. Sorry.

Only changed frequency to kHz and Hz. There was so many settings combinations. Another thing: It works even with original tvlibrary! Here is logs with latest patch (partial scan and after that timeshifting "YLE TV1") and with original tvlibrary (full scan and after that timeshifting "YLE TV1" via MP). Provider is set to "Generic" and tune timeout back to default (2s).
    Thank you for the full information and testing! This is very helpful for me. (y)

Thank You VERY VERY much for all your great support with this! :)
    You're very welcome... and thank *you* for your testing and persistence. Without you this problem could not have been solved. :)

Edit: I can do more testing if needed (final patch or anything).
    One more test would be helpful to close this issue nicely.
    It seems that the information PCTV Systems gave me led us on a bit of a "wild goose chase". Their information would have been helpful/necessary if trying to tune DVB-C with the driver's DVB-T tuner (or DVB-T/T2 with the DVB-C tuner). In fact, that is what I tried to do with the eMPIA virtual tuner thing. However, I guess I didn't get it quite right. I'd like to try one last thing to get the virtual tuner working.
    Patch attached.
    Please simply try to scan a few DVB-C transmitters with the virtual tuner that I created.
    Network provider shouldn't matter, but you may need to test with ks/s and s/s [x 1000].
    This patch also adds a virtual DVB-T tuner, which you could test... but only if you want.
    Thank you in advance for this final test result. :)

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.6+_eMPIA_DVB-C_v6].zip
      208 KB

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Good morning, its 7am up here :)

Ahhh, but it is I who should be apologising to you. Such a test is not something I would have expected you to think of. On the other hand, I could kick myself for not suggesting this test earlier. Sorry.
    I had to carefully read whole thread through, because I worried that you might had suggested this earlier and I might missed it :D. But from your point of view there was so many things that affects. I know something about this technology, but I have never guessed this. Anyway it is working now and that is what we wanted :).

One more test would be helpful to close this issue nicely.
    It seems that the information PCTV Systems gave me led us on a bit of a "wild goose chase". Their information would have been helpful/necessary if trying to tune DVB-C with the driver's DVB-T tuner (or DVB-T/T2 with the DVB-C tuner). In fact, that is what I tried to do with the eMPIA virtual tuner thing. However, I guess I didn't get it quite right. I'd like to try one last thing to get the virtual tuner working.
    Patch attached.
    Please simply try to scan a few DVB-C transmitters with the virtual tuner that I created.
    Network provider shouldn't matter, but you may need to test with ks/s and s/s [x 1000].
    This patch also adds a virtual DVB-T tuner, which you could test... but only if you want.
    I scanned three DVB-C transmitters with your virtual tuner. Network provider was set to generic and SR was in s/s format. It worked nicely and all channels found. Afted that I tested timeshifting "Yle TV1" few seconds and it tuned quick.
    Now I don't have time to test DVB-T tuner because I need to do some cabling changes in the attick. I have changed all my aerial sockets to DVB-C. Maybe I have time at weekend to do the tests. Now I have to go to work. (And trust me, I would like to do this instead :D).

Attachments

• PCTV292e virtual tuner patch6_partial scan.zip
      11.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good morning, its 7am up here :)
    Good morning! :)
    Here it is about 6:20 PM. Almost time for dinner... but so humid.

I had to carefully read whole thread through...
    Yeah, I suggested x 1000 and / 1000 for frequency... but for some reason I just didn't think to try the same with symbol rate. Again, I'm sorry. We could have saved 2 months of thinking and testing. I'll certainly remember if there is a next time. :oops:

I scanned three DVB-C transmitters with your virtual tuner. Network provider was set to generic and SR was in s/s format. It worked nicely and all channels found. Afted that I tested timeshifting "Yle TV1" few seconds and it tuned quick.
    Now I don't have time to test DVB-T tuner because I need to do some cabling changes in the attick. I have changed all my aerial sockets to DVB-C. Maybe I have time at weekend to do the tests. Now I have to go to work.
    Thanks, looks perfect. (y)
    Have a good day at work! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom