Picture in picture (2 Viewers)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any interest in this?

I was just looking at some M$ example code to do this with VMR9 and it doesn't look too bad. Is this something people would use?

Only issue I see immediately is how you control it. With no PIP button on the remote (at least my MCE2005 US doesn't have one) how would you turn it off and on, select source for the subwindow, move the subwindow, swap sources, etc.

Downzy

Portal Pro
January 5, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
I'd definitely make use of it from time to time, especially if I could get my 2 DVB cards to work together...

The main purpose I'd use it for is monitoring a security camera ie see who's at the front door when I hear the doorbell.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oh... I like. I LIKE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Picture-in-picture DE
    PM'd you..
    PM'd you..
    I just installed MP 2.4.1. Picture-in-picture was working in 2.4 (although just lately I was not getting audio with the second...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] TV sound but no picture DE
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD playback in MP2. Perhaps you mean the cyberlink app starts, if you enter a DVD into the slot. To avoid this you'll have to deactivate autoplay in the windows settings. Open Windows Settings Select...
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD...
    Hello, I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
    @Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as mentioned above, but could confirm the issue on his PC. Have you ever face the problem yet?
    @Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as...
    Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom