Picture on folder (1 Viewer)

fabio

Portal Member
January 26, 2020
Home Country
France France
Hello after multiple searches and tests I still cannot display an image (folder) instead of the folder logo when I am in the "folder" view. each film folder contains a file (folder.jpg)?
Annotation 2020-01-26 033142.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301, I just verified the behavior in 2.3 Dev with Nereus and BV/Win10 skin:

The raster view auto-creates a view by picking one of the images in the folder, however, the cover view continues to display the generic icon. IS there any treatment in case there is a folder.jpg? I remember some discussion around this but don't recall the details.

fabio

Portal Member
    January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    France France
    @HTPCSourcer, I am a French user and my English is not very good ... If I understood your answer you notice the same problem as me? It would be really good if I could have a solution because I prefer to stay in the "Folder" view because it is easier to find and have the images would be great for children. I had this when I was using Emby

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am a French user and my English is not very good ...
    Je comprends. Malheureusement il n'y a personne à part moi qui parle francais. Alors il faut que tu ecrives en anglais. Jete un coup d'oeil à DeepL pour avoir des traductions qui tiennent la route.

We don't recommend Folder view. If you prefer to continue using it, you may switch to raster rather than cover. Raster will give you a preview picture instead of the generic icon.

If I understood your answer you notice the same problem as me?
    I simply confirmed the behavior and as wondering why it is not working since we have had discussions about importing the folder.jpg. Maybe it was limited to the audio part.

Generally speaking the Feature Request session is just what it says - a place to put a request. There is no guarantee that things will ever be realized, yet the folder.jpg is somthing that I thought had been implemented before, hence my question to the author of our skins @ge2301.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The tags did not reach me, I just saw this by accident.
    For the container template there is indeed a line missing preventing that images are shown.
    Please extract the attached file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\WMCSkin\Skin\WMCSkin\themes\default\styles (folder might differ for you). I recommend to backup the original file before. Please report, if it works, then I'll add the fix to next release.

Attachments

• MediaStyles.zip
      16 KB

fabio

Portal Member
    January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    France France
    Good evening and thank you for your quick answers. I have just taken over MP2 after leaving WMC following the upgrade from W7 to W10. It's good to see that there are "people" behind it and that respond quickly and well. I promise I'll let you know as soon as I test the file. Thanks again.

fabio

Portal Member
    January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    France France
    I tested the file no change compared to the preview of images instead of the folder icon (see image) and the WMC skin had completely disappeared to make way for a very ugly skin ... In addition I can no longer find the setting menu and find my MP2 as before (I had made a copy of the original file that I put in the same place ...).Capture.JPG

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested the file no change compared to the preview of images instead of the folder icon (see image) and the WMC skin had completely disappeared to make way for a very ugly skin ... In addition I can no longer find the setting menu and find my MP2 as before (I had made a copy of the original file that I put in the same place ...).View attachment 203904
    I just tested it here and it works ... can you try again with attached file (I made it even better to allow different poster aspects)
    In case of trouble, can you please add log files. I can also offer a quick team viewer help on your PC if needed.

Attachments

• MediaStyles.zip
      16 KB

fabio

Portal Member
    January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    France France
    Excuse me, I found the WMC skin again, but still no change from my first question.

fabio

Portal Member
    January 26, 2020
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead of the folder icon in "folder" view. Can you help me again? did you go back on this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread