Plugin: RefreshRateChanger (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    -Be able to see my recordings from TV
    OT: this is already possible if you add the recording folder as MediaSource. Or what do you mean? If there are more questions/requests, please start an own thread, this helps to keep track of it.

Now back to RRC:
    Does the playback works smooth now because of forcing rendermode to VSync?

-RefreshRate switch from 60hz to 24hz
    I know you might have explained it already, but can you please explain in few words what currently happens and what you would expect. I'm sure we'll find a solution :)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OT: this is already possible if you add the recording folder as MediaSource
    You're right, I add the recording folder as MediaSource and I can now see my recordings.

I feel that vsync is not good for AVC/AAC videos files, I experience a/v sync problem when skipping through the videos. If I skip in videos with passthrough (Dolby Digital, DTS etc...) there is no a/v problem in vSync.

If I play the faulty AVC/AAC video in default mode, and skip througt video, I don't have a/v sync issue.

And for the 60hz to anything is shitty thing, I made a video that I hope will help you out.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I feel that vsync is not good for AVC/AAC videos files, I experience a/v sync problem when skipping through the videos. If I skip in videos with passthrough (Dolby Digital, DTS etc...) there is no a/v problem in vSync.
    Does the sync get correct again, if you manually switch back to "Default" render mode? Then it acts as before.

And for the 60hz to anything is shitty thing, I made a video that I hope will help you out.
    Strange.
    One question: if you disable RRC and manually chose a 23Hz rate in Windows display settings and then start the playback, it is the same? I'd like to see if the issue is caused by dynamically switching or if it also appears if refresh rate is taken from Windows.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does the sync get correct again, if you manually switch back to "Default" render mode? Then it acts as before.
    Nope, I need to stop/play.

One question: if you disable RRC and manually chose a 23Hz rate in Windows display settings and then start the playback, it is the same? I'd like to see if the issue is caused by dynamically switching or if it also appears if refresh rate is taken from Windows.

I let RRC activated and started MP2 at 23hz and everything play flawlessly. Same thing when I started in 50hz. the only problem is when I start MP2 at 59 or 60hz.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next try: I changed the logic for rate changes:
    1. Pause player
    2. Switch refresh rate
    3. Reset DX device
    4. Resume playback
    This required one change in SkinEngine, so please update both contained plugins and test again. Thanks!

Attachments

• Plugins.7z
      783.8 KB

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Unfortunatly, it's not better. Same behavior at 59hz. I did not try 24 or 50hz.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you manually select vsync again? I forgot to mention, resetting the DX device leads to Default rendermode again.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you manually select vsync again? I forgot to mention, resetting the DX device leads to Default rendermode again.

Yeah I tried with no improvement :(

Again, if I start MP2 with these refreshrate:
    • 59hz to 24hz stutter
    • 60hz to 24hz = stutter
    • 50hz to 24hz = perfect playback
    Don't give up. with the new files, I had strange thing happening when I press stop, the menugui appears after 5 to 10 secs. During these timelaps I only see the background.
    stop.jpg

Attachments

• 50.7z
      15 KB
    • 59.7z
      15.3 KB
    • 60.7z
      14.5 KB

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you have time to code something so I can test this week-end ? :coffee:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm using 2014-11-01 snapshot, with the "Fixed render synchronization after VideoPlayer ended, it could happen…" commit and it's not better :(

When I play a file, 24p in this case, through the end, RRC reswitch my TV to 24hz instead of 59hz.

But if I stop the video myself, it turns to 59hz fine, every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom