Pre-testing of MediaPortal 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

Select the first option if you have tested and it is all working fine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi folks,

Finally got round to testing this update on my laptop (singleseat setup). I've basically been changing TV channels like a man possessed for the last hour and so far all works perfectly, so I've nothing untoward to report. Except that day time TV is total crap! But we knew that already....

Thanks for the continued development to all involved. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Si

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just trying the Patch - looking good so far. No issues during installation. Two thing from my side:

- why dont you provide the two exe files instead of the installer? probably morre people would run a est if you dont need to search for the files first.
    - second - I use a patched core.dll from Atmowin Plugin. is there a difference from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 (I have no idea why the core.dll needs modification to let a plugin work - but could the change be included or is it fundamental?)
    and - third - when playing a video to teh end MP stops responding. I attach the Logs.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Just trying the Patch - looking good so far. No issues during installation. Two thing from my side:

- why dont you provide the two exe files instead of the installer? probably morre people would run a est if you dont need to search for the files first.
    - second - I use a patched core.dll from Atmowin Plugin. is there a difference from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 (I have no idea why the core.dll needs modification to let a plugin work - but could the change be included or is it fundamental?)
    and - third - when playing a video to teh end MP stops responding. I attach the Logs.

The error in your logs is definitely related to atmolight, so presumably this is not an issue we need to worry about at this time. Presumably this was with the patched core.dll, or not? I also don't know why core.dll needs to be patched for a plugin. Initially we would prefer testing that does not rely on any modified core files.

However, thanks for testing and reporting. Best to check these issues just in case.

Best wishes,

Mark

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I also don't know why core.dll needs to be patched for a plugin.

If I remember corretc the Atmowin plugin requires some special / optimized access to the video frame.

Initially we would prefer testing that does not rely on any modified core file

Having any modified files during the testing will renderer the results pretty much invalid.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

If I remember correct the Atmowin plugin requires some special / optimized access to the video frame.

Having any modified files during the testing will renderer the results pretty much invalid.

Sure - but real life isn't from a clean no plugn installation - isn't it?

Anyway - I have run the installer once again over my setup an didn't replace anything afterwards (I believe any files you reffer to would be replace during the setup to your original status) - still - when the video ends it results in a black screen and the monitor telling "no signal"

Attached the new Logs

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

If I remember correct the Atmowin plugin requires some special / optimized access to the video frame.

Sure - but real life isn't from a clean no plugn installation - isn't it?

Anyway - I have run the installer once again over my setup an didn't replace anything afterwards (I believe any files you reffer to would be replace during the setup to your original status) - still - when the video ends it results in a black screen and the monitor telling "no signal"

Attached the new Logs

Hi,

Please can you post all of the logs, not just the one MediaPortal.log ?

You still have a log of plugins enabled, and you are using a 3rd party skin.

I don't see this problem, but of course that doesn't mean there isn't a bug. We just need more information in order to track it down. Initially you need to test with no 3rd party plugins or skins, which is easiest done using the "MediaPortal Debug-Mode" shortcut in your start menu. Assuming it works fine in this case, you need to disable your plugins one at a time to work out which is causing the problem. I would start with "MiniDisplay".

Ultimately, I am sure that a clean install wil fix the problem, but I can understand why you don't want to do this.

Mark

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mhm - was my intention too. That's the problem with this highly customizable software :) - once you have it the way you want it's hard to start from the scratch. I have a clean install at work where I can test teh patch too - let's see if there is the same problem ...

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tested.
    It seems to me that the patch by mm1352000 (by the way: where are you?) for analog radio speed improvements (very large improvements) that is here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/800922/
    is not included (changing channel speed still between 6-9 secs.).
    Is it possible to include it?
    Thank you

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Tested.
    It seems to me that the patch by mm1352000 (by the way: where are you?) for analog radio speed improvements (very large improvements) that is here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/800922/
    is not included (changing channel speed still between 6-9 secs.).
    Is it possible to include it?
    Thank you

There doesn't seem to be a mantis entry for this, and as far as I can see, mm135200 posted a new version of MPFileWriter.ax, but did not post the code. Is this correct?

Perhaps you can send him a PM to ask the status of this?

Mark

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom